The Student Room Group

Clearing

Hey I'm currently a Y13 student, preparing for Alevels. After thinking about my university choices I've come to the conclusion that I'm not eager to go to 4 out of my 5 choices, and for the 5th choice, I initially applied for a foundation year course at that university but now I think I want to go for the main course.

So as of right now, I 'm currently considering waiting till results day 2023, achieve higher grades than my UCAS predicted, and apply to some universities that I would actually be excited to go to, through clearing.

For context, I do Biology, Chemistry and English Literature Alevel. My UCAS predicted grades are ABB, and I'm applying for Pharmacy.

The university I want to apply for the main course of pharmacy for, is Uni of Reading.

The Universities I would be applying to on results day would include, Uni of Nottingham, Bath, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol)

So to conclude, how likely am I to get a space on one of those universitys mpharm courses, through clearing?
Ring up reading and ask them to swap your application to year 1 entry.

When did you submit your UCAS application?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Ring up reading and ask them to swap your application to year 1 entry.

When did you submit your UCAS application?

I sent off my UCAS application on November 30th
Original post by tony!
I sent off my UCAS application on November 30th

Then you're too late to substitute.

Ask about changing from foundation to yr 1 at Reading now.

In a month's time see which courses are still open to late/Extra applications. You don't have to wait until clearing.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Then you're too late to substitute.

Ask about changing from foundation to yr 1 at Reading now.

In a month's time see which courses are still open to late/Extra applications. You don't have to wait until clearing.

I just called them up and they said after my interview they'll switch me over to the main course as I'm eligible for it. Thank you for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending