The Student Room Group

Sex and masturbation after adult cirumcision

So after having having a short frenulum and it tearing a few times I decided to have a frenuluoplasty. The operation and recovery were extremely unpleasant and now things are actually considerably worse as my foreskin is incredibly tight and constrictive (the foreskin was fine before) so boom, I have to be circumcised. I'm really, really not happy about this. I really wish I'd just not had the operation.

From men who were circumsised as adults: how is sex and masturbation post-circumcision verses before? having your naked bell end rubbing against your pants sounds horrific and I can't imagine masturbating without a foreskin.
I'm not, but I know someone who was, aged 18. They were pleased that partner sex was now much easier.

For the former, you will become used to it and for the latter, lube is your friend.
Reply 2
I got circumcised, not for medical reasons but because I was in a relationship with a Jewish girl and wanted to surprise her. It worked - we're now engaged :biggrin:. Though I'm now into NoFap/No orgasm, I masturbated and had sex with my girlfriend lots of times between getting circumcised and giving up cumming.

Circumcision does change things. At first your glans feels hyper-sensitive so you can be a bit uncomfortable in your pants. The glans dries out and rubbing against your underwear (and masturbating etc) make the skin get tougher, so it ends up a lot less sensitive than when first exposed or when you had a foreskin.

Having a less sensitive penis sounds like a tragedy but in fact it's the best thing ever. It's hugely easier to delay climaxing, or to stop yourself doing it altogether. You'll find your girlfriend climaxes a lot more. It's also a lot more hygienic and nicer for her (more sex/blowjobs?).

So don't be afraid, getting circumcised is great. In some countries and cultures it's done almost automatically. I read it's the world's oldest medical procedure, and also the most popular (about 30% of the world's male population has had it done).

If you do some research you'll find there are options about how much skin is removed (loose vs tight), where the scar line goes (low means near the glans, high means further back) and whether or not your frenulum is removed (I'm guessing yours already has been). When I looked into it I came to the conclusion that low and tight with the frenulum removed was best. Obviously I can't compare with other styles, just with being uncircumcised, but I'd say the result I got is very good, and I'm glad I had it done.
Original post by Mark19
It's hugely easier to delay climaxing

Rubbish. You might have found it easier, but being able to control when you ejaculate is not linked to circumcision.

It's also a lot more hygienic and nicer for her (more sex/blowjobs?).

Didn't you wash?
Original post by Mark19
I got circumcised, not for medical reasons but because I was in a relationship with a Jewish girl and wanted to surprise her. It worked - we're now engaged :biggrin:.

*Mark19 undressed in front of girlfriend*

SURPRISE!!!

Haha. :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Mark19
I got circumcised, not for medical reasons but because I was in a relationship with a Jewish girl and wanted to surprise her. It worked - we're now engaged . Though I'm now into NoFap/No orgasm, I masturbated and had sex with my girlfriend lots of times between getting circumcised and giving up cumming.

Circumcision does change things. At first your glans feels hyper-sensitive so you can be a bit uncomfortable in your pants. The glans dries out and rubbing against your underwear (and masturbating etc) make the skin get tougher, so it ends up a lot less sensitive than when first exposed or when you had a foreskin.

Having a less sensitive penis sounds like a tragedy but in fact it's the best thing ever. It's hugely easier to delay climaxing, or to stop yourself doing it altogether. You'll find your girlfriend climaxes a lot more. It's also a lot more hygienic and nicer for her (more sex/blowjobs?).

So don't be afraid, getting circumcised is great. In some countries and cultures it's done almost automatically. I read it's the world's oldest medical procedure, and also the most popular (about 30% of the world's male population has had it done).

If you do some research you'll find there are options about how much skin is removed (loose vs tight), where the scar line goes (low means near the glans, high means further back) and whether or not your frenulum is removed (I'm guessing yours already has been). When I looked into it I came to the conclusion that low and tight with the frenulum removed was best. Obviously I can't compare with other styles, just with being uncircumcised, but I'd say the result I got is very good, and I'm glad I had it done.

Thanks, that helps me feel a little better. Nope, I still have my troublesome frenulum, it's just a weird white inelastic line now. Having a bit of your knob removed for a relationship seems like madness. I wouldn't even cut my hair for a woman. How long until you could bang?
Reply 6
Original post by unprinted
Rubbish. You might have found it easier, but being able to control when you ejaculate is not linked to circumcision.

Didn't you wash?

I'm speaking from experience. Trust me, my knob has lost about 80% of its sensitivity and this means I can keep going for ages without shooting my load.

Yes, I showered once or even twice a day. But I found smegma build-up started after just a couple of hours. No foreskin = no smegma. And the smell wasn't great. I'm sure germs flourish in head cheese.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, that helps me feel a little better. Nope, I still have my troublesome frenulum, it's just a weird white inelastic line now. Having a bit of your knob removed for a relationship seems like madness. I wouldn't even cut my hair for a woman. How long until you could bang?

You could ask whoever circumcises you to remove your frenulum at the same time; it's one of the options you get given.

The foreskin isn't 'a bit of your knob'; there's no way I'd give that up for anyone. My girlfriend/fiancee is Jewish and hadn't dated an uncircumcised guy before, so I did it to show her how serious I was (and am) about her. The fact that it makes sex so much more enjoyable wasn't something I knew at the time.

As for recovery time, I was advised to give it at least a week, but we waited nearly double that time to be on the safe side.
It’s not more hygienic. I don’t know where you found your studies but that’s false information. It’s the same rhetoric the religious zealots spew about female circumcision, about how it’s more hygienic. Give it a rest will you. I had to be circumcised due to phimosis. Had I had the option not do I’d of taken it. Sex is less pleasurable and all and all I wish I didn’t suffer from that disorder.
Original post by Mark19
I got circumcised, not for medical reasons but because I was in a relationship with a Jewish girl and wanted to surprise her. It worked - we're now engaged :biggrin:. Though I'm now into NoFap/No orgasm, I masturbated and had sex with my girlfriend lots of times between getting circumcised and giving up cumming.

Yes Low and very tight Frenulam fully removed. Some doctors leave too much Foreskin. If you're doctor don't want to do it very tight. Find another that will. Just be careful for a week or so. You can pop stitches so avoid an erection. I popped about 3 stitches.. Turned out OK but took longer to heal and scaring is worse on that side..

Quick Reply

Latest