The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science Gcse

How to get a 9 in ocr gcse computer science?? Especially advice on paper 2 😬
So from looking at the specification for paper 2, you need to know how to use pseudocode, flowcharts, a programming language (for me it was python), logic gates, and others. I would recommend just looking at the specification yourself, J277, look at the section in the specification that says J277/02 and see if you know the definitions for all of the topics it lists will come up. If you don't know any of them, it may be a good idea to memorise it. Also, it is a good idea to get confident in using the programming language that you are being taught, as I remember I got some questions on (python for me) about rewriting code, following how inputs get passed through code, where the errors are etc. Getting a 9 isn't guaranteed, but you can improve your chances by knowing all the content, and confident in using it when it comes to the exam.
Reply 2
Original post by JamesD1231
So from looking at the specification for paper 2, you need to know how to use pseudocode, flowcharts, a programming language (for me it was python), logic gates, and others. I would recommend just looking at the specification yourself, J277, look at the section in the specification that says J277/02 and see if you know the definitions for all of the topics it lists will come up. If you don't know any of them, it may be a good idea to memorise it. Also, it is a good idea to get confident in using the programming language that you are being taught, as I remember I got some questions on (python for me) about rewriting code, following how inputs get passed through code, where the errors are etc. Getting a 9 isn't guaranteed, but you can improve your chances by knowing all the content, and confident in using it when it comes to the exam.

thank you so much for this!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending