The Student Room Group

Hogwarts Legacy hype-train!

Scroll to see replies

I only have a switch and it was a písstake how long we had to wait, came out on bigger consoles in February and we were told it was coming to switch in July. Then it got pushed back again till November. So I got it a few weeks ago but I can say it was well worth the wait, I'm absolutely blown away by how good it still looks on the switch. And the castle is absolutely orgasmic and complex, must be the biggest and most intricate castle on any game ever made. I'm in love with the Slytherin common room (initially thought it was going to feel cold and damp but I love the contrast of the fires and the Victorian architecture and green tapestries) and I'm finding the side quests so fun and satisfying. I'm not even maybe 10% into the game yet but already for me it's becoming one of my favourite games of all time alongside Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I've never played that many HP games despite being a big HP fan but this really is the game I never thought I needed. I initially pre-ordered it due to the hype as well as to deliberately píss off all the trolls who were trying to boycott it and coming out with rubbish such as ''buying the game is trans genocide''. However, because the release on the switch took so long by the time it actually arrived I almost couldn't be bothered to play it anymore because I had relatively recently completed Zelda, which is another massive open world game and I felt like I needed a long mental break as I knew Hogwarts Legacy would be really expansive and full on. I was so close to just personalising my character and then leaving it at that, but after I did a few missions I was completely hooked. Now I am absolutely itching to get home everyday from work and play it for a few hours, phenomenal. I think I'll enjoy exploring the castle much more than the grounds though because the Zelda exploration was pretty much all open countryside so it's nice to have a building to wander round for a change.
(edited 4 months ago)
Still yet to play it despite ordering it on my xbox, because I've been so busy with uni :bricks:

Anyway, I have a free week next week and I'm SO EXCITED to finally get around to playing it :thumbsup: :woo:
Original post by Chronoscope
Still yet to play it despite ordering it on my xbox, because I've been so busy with uni :bricks:

Anyway, I have a free week next week and I'm SO EXCITED to finally get around to playing it :thumbsup: :woo:

Wait, you’ve had the game since Feb and haven’t played yet?! Criminal 😱
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Wait, you’ve had the game since Feb and haven’t played yet?! Criminal 😱

Too busy :cry: :hide:

Quick Reply

Latest