The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

MFA Slade 2023 questions : )!

Hi! My tutor sent in his references to the Slade on the 18th of January, and I am still waiting to hear back. My portico status is: 'Currently being processed by Admissions'—it changed from 'Application under Assessment (or something like that!)' this afternoon...
How long did everyone wait to get their interview requests after they handed in their references, and how long after being 'processed by Admissions'?
Thank you!!

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I'm International appliant and got rejected today for Slade mfa
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I didn't check the status but i got a mail for the interview 20hours ago.
Hey Zaza!

congrats on your interview 😊 just wondering if you have heard back after sending a confirmation regarding the interview?m
Hi!
no... :frown: did you got any email after that??
Hi, did anyone have their interview at Slade yet? x
Hi everyone, I have my Slade interview on the 21st. I will post after to let you know some of the questions they ask. lmk if you have yours before then. Also... does anyone know how long they usually take after the interview so accept or decline your application? I have another offer that is time sensitive. Pretty NERVOUS but happy they let us know the format of the interview before hand so i can prepare. GL everyone!
Original post by paintinpaintings
Hi everyone, I have my Slade interview on the 21st. I will post after to let you know some of the questions they ask. lmk if you have yours before then. Also... does anyone know how long they usually take after the interview so accept or decline your application? I have another offer that is time sensitive. Pretty NERVOUS but happy they let us know the format of the interview before hand so i can prepare. GL everyone!

same, also have mine on 21st! Where else did you apply to?

They said they are doing interviews till the end of this week, then it’s gonna take like 3 weeks to make the decision and process all applications x so it probs gonna be a month I can imagine
hope your interview went well today x
It went great, thank you. I’m patient! Hope you get in :smile:
It went great, thank you. I’m patient! Hope you get in :smile:

Thank you! You too!! :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous
They said they are doing interviews till the end of this week, then it’s gonna take like 3 weeks to make the decision and process all applications x so it probs gonna be a month I can imagine
hope your interview went well today x

Thank you for letting me know this 😊 I had mine on Monday. hopefully we all get some good news 😊
Anyone else been offered a place on RCA's MA painting programme , but is waiting to find out if they got a place at Slade instead ( I interviewed for Slade this Monday too!) Slade vs. RCA?
Original post by Camus26
Anyone else been offered a place on RCA's MA painting programme , but is waiting to find out if they got a place at Slade instead ( I interviewed for Slade this Monday too!) Slade vs. RCA?

I have applied for both Slade and RCA (not painting tho). I applied for 2nd round at rca so i dont know if I will get in. That being said, I‘m also thinking which one is better - so hard to tell, they are both amazing universities! Which one are you leaning towards to more? What sorts of things are you considering while making your decision?
Original post by Anonymous
I have applied for both Slade and RCA (not painting tho). I applied for 2nd round at rca so i dont know if I will get in. That being said, I‘m also thinking which one is better - so hard to tell, they are both amazing universities! Which one are you leaning towards to more? What sorts of things are you considering while making your decision?

oh nice! yeah I feel a little conflicted ; and now seen email saying Slade decision may take longer than 2 weeks from now, when you have to accept RCA within 5 weeks of offer! Slade is 18 months vs RCA 1 year ... so finances slightly different/living in London ; thinking about reputation which could be better for future . What are your thoughts on Slade vs RCA? Ik reputations of schools change though one the years...
Original post by Camus26
oh nice! yeah I feel a little conflicted ; and now seen email saying Slade decision may take longer than 2 weeks from now, when you have to accept RCA within 5 weeks of offer! Slade is 18 months vs RCA 1 year ... so finances slightly different/living in London ; thinking about reputation which could be better for future . What are your thoughts on Slade vs RCA? Ik reputations of schools change though one the years...

When did you get an email? Is this for painting? Haven’t gotten one
I've got the same email right before the interview 21st.
I haven’t got that email either :/ but they told me on the interview it might take a while to hear back from them, like 3-4 weeks.
Original post by Camus26

I heard more about Slade from my lecturers, and the most important opinion I got was that everyone they knew who had graduated from Slade continued to work as an “artist” in one way or another - which for me personally is the most important thing. I also think that Slade existing under UCL is a great advantage- we can participate in all of the open lectures and learn outside boundaries of an art school. That being said at the moment RCA appears to be (slightly?) more prestigious and their graduates work is incredible - but so is Slade tbf, with its long standing reputation. The finances is a massive concern for me as well, but I am yet to look at scholarships and hardship funds offered so I can’t really offer any opinion there…. And of course the length of the both courses - personally I love academic experience and would like to stay at uni for longer - but that also depends on the financial circumstances which are often so difficult to foresee. I also really liked that Slade held interviews - I think they are important to feel the university’s environment and I am quite disappointed RCA decided to settle with the 2 min video instead - makes it less personal. Sorry that was a long rant but I hope that at least some of it will turn out to be helpful! I’m also really interested in your thoughts on all of it! They are both great universities tho and offer incredible opportunities so I’m sure you will be happy wherever you go:smile: I’m also pretty sure in the past they shared one of their graduate shows - and that speaks for itself!:smile:
Ok I lied I'm not patient - this wait is killing me lol. I got into GSA and CalArts but Slade is my top top top top choice. I'm waking up every morning with my heart racing checking all my email inboxes. How is everyone else doin?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending