The Student Room Group

Slade MFA/MA 2024

Hello has anyone heard back from the Slade MA or MFA yet? My status just says application under assessment and I thought interviews would have been sent by now? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im also waiting to hear back! On the submission completion email they stated the latest we'd hear back would be the 31st of January, I emailed them yesterday to try get an idea. Fingers crossed!
Original post by ejcowell
Im also waiting to hear back! On the submission completion email they stated the latest we'd hear back would be the 31st of January, I emailed them yesterday to try get an idea. Fingers crossed!

Let me know if you hear back from them. Really hoping they are just running a little late 🙏
Reply 3
I also have not heard back from Slade yet, please let us know if you have any updates! Did anyone else apply to other programs?
Updating to say I just got the interview email now :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by jonnyjwalker

congrats!! mine still says application under assessment, not holding out hope 😅

Congratulations 😀 Do you mind me asking which course you've applied for?
Original post by reticent-art
Congratulations 😀 Do you mind me asking which course you've applied for?

I applied for the MFA with the sculpture pathway. So I think it falls under ‘sculpture and fine art’ rather than painting? Finding the whole Slade application process incredibly confusing and with lots of conflicting information coming from their emails haha
Original post by ejcowell
congrats!! mine still says application under assessment, not holding out hope 😅

It could just be down to the pathway as I read from previous years that each department is processed differently? I applied for MFA sculpture if that helps 🙂 good luck!!
I applied for the MFA with the sculpture pathway. So I think it falls under ‘sculpture and fine art’ rather than painting? Finding the whole Slade application process incredibly confusing and with lots of conflicting information coming from their emails haha

Ah okay thanks. I've heard painting in the past has taken a bit longer than the other courses to get decisions. I was considering sculpture, but as you say they all sound a bit merged because they're all Fine Art. I also saw there was an Electronic Media but I didn't understand what that was.
Reply 10
It could just be down to the pathway as I read from previous years that each department is processed differently? I applied for MFA sculpture if that helps 🙂 good luck!!

Ah okay thankyou, that makes sense! I will keep my fingers crossed then as I applied for painting ☺️ Also, good luck for the interview!
Reply 11
Original post by jjw999
Hello has anyone heard back from the Slade MA or MFA yet? My status just says application under assessment and I thought interviews would have been sent by now? :smile:

My interview will be on tuesday 20th feb. I applied for MFA in Painting. Wish us luck fren! 🫶
Original post by AziziMajid
My interview will be on tuesday 20th feb. I applied for MFA in Painting. Wish us luck fren! 🫶

Congratulations and good luck! When did you get your email/what time?
Reply 13
Congratulations and good luck! When did you get your email/what time?

Around 2 days ago
I just received an invitation to interview with Fine Arts Media. I'm so nervous, and I am finding where can I see experiences shared from past interviews
Reply 15
I still haven’t received one. Should I send an email to ask ?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Screen
I still haven’t received one. Should I send an email to ask ?

I’ve also not and I applied for painting what about you? Hoping no news is good news. Either way I reckon emailing might not help they’ve probably got loads to go through
Reply 17
I’ve also not and I applied for painting what about you? Hoping no news is good news. Either way I reckon emailing might not help they’ve probably got loads to go through

I applied MFA media. Hopefully, we will get that tomorrow or early next week. Finger crossed!
Original post by Screen
I applied MFA media. Hopefully, we will get that tomorrow or early next week. Finger crossed!

🙏 good luck!
Has anyone received more updates - interviews or rejections? Still not heard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending