The Student Room Group

why do men ghost women

okay so i met up with a guy for the first time last weekend and ever since then he’s been kinda off with me. he didn’t text me for two days despite talking everyday before meeting up (with very quick replies too) so i decided to reach out. now he takes ages to reply and gives me really dead replies. i just wanted to know the reason men do this because it never makes sense to me why they can’t be straight up if they’re not interested ???
it's awkward to tell someone you don't like them (if that is the case). Right now you're basically just hoping he'll give you the attention you had before so you're putting in more than he is. If it goes on for long you'll be begging for his attention. I'd pull back a bit and see what happens.
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
it's awkward to tell someone you don't like them (if that is the case). Right now you're basically just hoping he'll give you the attention you had before so you're putting in more than he is. If it goes on for long you'll be begging for his attention. I'd pull back a bit and see what happens.

i’ll probably try my best to not contact him for a while and see if he reaches out. i’m kinda attatched to him now so it will deffo hurt me if he’s not interested. i would prefer if he was just straight up with me so i know i should move on
Original post by Anonymous
i’ll probably try my best to not contact him for a while and see if he reaches out. i’m kinda attatched to him now so it will deffo hurt me if he’s not interested. i would prefer if he was just straight up with me so i know i should move on

You met 4 or 5 days ago you'll get over it if you hold off for a couple days. Defo don't want to be getting hooked to problem ppl.
(edited 1 year ago)
Dont reach out again, guys do this to take control of you and you shouldnt give that power away..
This happened to me as well, he was very intrested to the point it was off putting, always had very quick replies and just gave me a lot of attention, we met and honestly it was really fun we spent the whole day together and it was more of a fun friendly hang out than a date but literally after that he just stopped talking completely and cut off contact, later i found out he was in a situanship the whole time and got into a relationship so that's why he was avoiding. There was nothing wrong with it tho since when he was flirting he wasn't in a relationship and i didnt get hurt because i only viewed him as a friend but it was a bit odd lmao.

If it was me in your situation i would not try to talk to him and show him the same treatment he's showing you.
Original post by materialgw0rld
This happened to me as well, he was very intrested to the point it was off putting, always had very quick replies and just gave me a lot of attention, we met and honestly it was really fun we spent the whole day together and it was more of a fun friendly hang out than a date but literally after that he just stopped talking completely and cut off contact, later i found out he was in a situanship the whole time and got into a relationship so that's why he was avoiding. There was nothing wrong with it tho since when he was flirting he wasn't in a relationship and i didnt get hurt because i only viewed him as a friend but it was a bit odd lmao.

If it was me in your situation i would not try to talk to him and show him the same treatment he's showing you.

and you’ve never heard from him since ??
Original post by Anonymous
and you’ve never heard from him since ??

Never, last i texted him he left me on seen and then i found out about the girlfriend situation on his Instagram story
Reply 8
sometimes guys can just be rly bad communicators and if you met up with him for the first time maybe he just wasn't attracted to you the way he was online like he was dissapointed or something. if you really like him you should just give it time and give him space dont act desperate its not attractive and if you really think he doesn't like you just give up because theres no point in trying to impress someone or get you to like them if their not showing any signals at all.

and know that your an amazing awseome person and if he treats you like that you dont deserve to be treated like that and dont let yourself down over a boy there are litteraly billions and millions of boys on this earth that will treat you so much better and that will want to be with u

goodluck!! xoxo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending