The Student Room Group

It's been 20 days since I applied to Uni & only 1 of 4 got back. Is this bad?

UCAS
It’s normal

Average time to a decision is SEVEN (7) weeks

Keep checking your junk/spam folders and be patient.
Original post by brohe7
UCAS

Hi there :smile:

Usually offers take between a few days and a few weeks to arrive. That being said, a lot of unis have waited until the UCAS deadline this year before starting to send out offers so it's perfectly normal to not have received them just yet. I would say that most offers will arrive by March although this will depend on the uni and the availability of your course. A lot of people are yet to receive a single offer so please don't worry about this as you are definitely not alone. Hope this helps

Best wishes

Joanna
Uni of Kent Rep
Unis can take weeks or months to reply. They have until May. Chill your beans.
No, it’s totally normal. Unis have until 18 May to get back to you :smile:
Original post by University of Kent Reps

Usually offers take between a few days and a few weeks to arrive. That being said, a lot of unis have waited until the UCAS deadline this year before starting to send out offers so it's perfectly normal to not have received them just yet. I would say that most offers will arrive by March although this will depend on the uni and the availability of your course. A lot of people are yet to receive a single offer so please don't worry about this as you are definitely not alone. Hope this helps

Best wishes

Joanna
Uni of Kent Rep

“Usually” ie the average time is 7 weeks

every application getting an offer within a few days or a few weeks means another application taking 3-4 months.
Reply 6
Original post by University of Kent Reps

Best wishes

Joanna
Uni of Kent Rep

Thank you :smile:
Come this Thursday, it would be FOUR months since my UCAS application was received by my universities! I am waiting for my final uni decision.
Reply 8
Original post by BubblesBB
Come this Thursday, it would be FOUR months since my UCAS application was received by my universities! I am waiting for my final uni decision.

Oh my god, I'm sorry lol.
Damn hope it doesn't take longer at this point.
But I bet I'd be in the same position as you if I applied earlier.
Does your course do interviews and r the school u applied to competitive?

Wonder why they do this.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
“Usually” ie the average time is 7 weeks

every application getting an offer within a few days or a few weeks means another application taking 3-4 months.

But could the average time be less or more depending on how early it's submitted?
I feel like it takes longer to get back if you applied in September than January, because they want to see all their options.

Also, I'm interested in what you mean by, for every offer that takes a few days/weeks another takes 3-4 months.

Thank you:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by sleep_supremacy
No, it’s totally normal. Unis have until 18 May to get back to you :smile:

Oof. how about an offer to an interview? Surely it wouldn't come to long after you apply if the interviews part of the process?
Original post by brohe7
But could the average time be less or more depending on how early it's submitted?
I feel like it takes longer to get back if you applied in September than January, because they want to see all their options.

Also, I'm interested in what you mean by, for every offer that takes a few days/weeks another takes 3-4 months.

Thank you:smile:

That depends on the university and course. Some universities are quicker for earlier applicants because they don’t have as many to work through.

and what I mean is that if the average is 7 weeks then every application that is quicker than that is balanced by one that’s longer. That’s how averages work.
Original post by brohe7
Oof. how about an offer to an interview? Surely it wouldn't come to long after you apply if the interviews part of the process?

If interviewing is part of candidate selection, then you might get interview offers a few weeks after you apply, and a decision after that much later. Of course, timing varies from course to course.
Original post by brohe7
Oh my god, I'm sorry lol.
Damn hope it doesn't take longer at this point.
But I bet I'd be in the same position as you if I applied earlier.
Does your course do interviews and r the school u applied to competitive?

Wonder why they do this.

No interviews but it does appear that the uni began consideration after the 25th Jan deadline. I have not seen anything for my course yet so have no idea when the decision would come. I sure hope I wouldn't be dragged out all the way till May. Seeing that some universities have already opened their student accommodation booking, it's making me a bit more worried.
Reply 15
Original post by BubblesBB
No interviews but it does appear that the uni began consideration after the 25th Jan deadline. I have not seen anything for my course yet so have no idea when the decision would come. I sure hope I wouldn't be dragged out all the way till May. Seeing that some universities have already opened their student accommodation booking, it's making me a bit more worried.

Ohhhhh, I see:smile:. Yea, I sure hope so to. It's kinda unfair that accom booking is opening now bcz that gives certain ppl an unfair head start. It also takes long to get all the documents after you get an offer so I really don't think they should start this early.
I'm an international student and couldn't get accom when I applied last year until August bcz the documents took so long to process.

Mostly only the expensive rooms were left but I got lucky and found different student accom not connected to the school tho.

Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending