The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Leeds Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good Luck!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi anyone applying for leeds dentistry for entry 2023?:smile:
BMAT will not go head in September 2022 again. This is the reply I got from Cambridge Assessment.
''Due to the ongoing challenges of the global Covid-19 pandemic, BMAT - September did not go ahead last year and I can confirm will not be going ahead this year. ''
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi anyone applying for leeds dentistry for entry 2023?:smile:
BMAT will not go head in September 2022 again. This is the reply I got from Cambridge Assessment.
''Due to the ongoing challenges of the global Covid-19 pandemic, BMAT - September did not go ahead last year and I can confirm will not be going ahead this year. ''

Hi, I’m considering applying there for 2023 entry. Does that mean that only aptitude test that we need to take for Leeds is the ucat??
Original post by ssag1
Hi, I’m considering applying there for 2023 entry. Does that mean that only aptitude test that we need to take for Leeds is the ucat??

Leeds uses BMAT.
There’s usually two sittings - one in September and one in November. I think the post above means that there will only be one sitting in November.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Leeds uses BMAT.
There’s usually two sittings - one in September and one in November. I think the post above means that there will only be one sitting in November.

Can I still apply for Dentistry at Leeds if I take the BMAT in November after the UCAS deadline in October?
Original post by ssag1
Can I still apply for Dentistry at Leeds if I take the BMAT in November after the UCAS deadline in October?

Hi i am reapplying to leeds too for entry 2023. Yes we will only have to sit the november 2022 sitting since the september 2022 got cancelled.
Original post by ssag1

Yes so you submit your UCAS application in October and then sit the BMAT in November. BMAT will then send your score to Leeds.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Yes so you submit your UCAS application in October and then sit the BMAT in November. BMAT will then send your score to Leeds.

Ohh, okay that makes sense.

Thanks
Hi i am reapplying to leeds too for entry 2023. Yes we will only have to sit the november 2022 sitting since the september 2022 got cancelled.

I’m rooting for you this year! Don’t lose faith! I know this year will be your year :smile:
Original post by Sm 002 u mug
I’m rooting for you this year! Don’t lose faith! I know this year will be your year :smile:

Hey thank you so much! I really hope this year my bmat will be much better and will get an offer from leeds. :smile:
All the best to you too. Are you firming leeds?
Hey thank you so much! I really hope this year my bmat will be much better and will get an offer from leeds. :smile:
All the best to you too. Are you firming leeds?

Yep I’ve firmed it. Can’t wait!! If you need some help I’d be glad to assist
Yep I’ve firmed it. Can’t wait!! If you need some help I’d be glad to assist

That is great! Thank you so much would really appreciate to discuss your interview experience. :smile::biggrin:
That is great! Thank you so much would really appreciate to discuss your interview experience. :smile::biggrin:

Where are you doing your phd
Where are you doing your phd

It is related on neuroscience and nutrition.
It is related on neuroscience and nutrition.

Sorry where (uni)
Sorry where (uni)

At Reading uni and my PhD is funded for 3 years (now finishing the 2nd year).
For anyone interested, Leeds will have their open days on 24-25/06.:smile:
https://www.leeds.ac.uk/undergraduate-open-days
Does anyone know how leeds score the personal statement?
Does anybody know how the point system works for dentistry at University of Leeds as well as previous admission cycle point cut offs?
Original post by Gamer.
Does anybody know how the point system works for dentistry at University of Leeds as well as previous admission cycle point cut offs?

Hi! I don't think they operate a cutoff for bmat. They will accept a score above 3 in each bmat section to be shortlisted for an interview. They are personal statement heavy.

Quick Reply

Latest