The Student Room Group

University refusing to confirm registration for Student Finance

I'm currently in Stage 3 of the 4th year of an Adult nursing degree with The Open University in partnership with my NHS employer.

I applied for student finance and my application was approved with the first payment due to be made on the 1st February 2023 - the payment is awaiting confirmation. However, this year, the university is refusing to submit confirmation for myself and my cohort, citing that we are not eligible as we are on a 3 year course.

The course is a 3 stage course over 4 years; stage 1 is 12 months, stage 2 is 18 months and stage 3 is 18 months.
I am currently partway into stage 3 and have just started the 4th year (As from feb 2023).

The Open university advertise their course as a 3 year course with one of their partner universities OR a 3-4 year course if you are sponsored by an employer. We're studying the 4 year sponsorship course.

Does anyone have any advice on any official bodies I can contact for clarification? Student finance says we're eligible but the Open University are refusing to budge.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance
i am fighting this same fight with open university too. i am on week 8 of my battle with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending