The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Anyone else waiting for their DLL interview at University of Sheffield?

Hi!
Is there anyone else who is preparing for their DLL interview for the 10th of March? (University of Sheffield) I finished the Maths and English tests. I'm wanting to do Japanese Studies after the foundation year c: It would be nice to know other people in the same boat as me!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I’m wanting to do Korean studies after foundation year but I have not been informed yet about interview/tests. I did submit my application at the end of February though so that’s probably why. Could you inform me on what the tests are like and what the interview was like too? Was it difficult, have you been accepted?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
How was it? I just received my placement for Korean studies with foundation year, would love to know what to expect so I can be prepared for it!

No dates given yet.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by BiscuitsNTea
How was it? I just received my placement for Korean studies with foundation year, would love to know what to expect so I can be prepared for it!

No dates given yet.

Hey!! You’re studying Korean too with foundation year? That’s exciting!! I haven’t met anyone else yet aha 😊
Original post by Kayla_27
Hey!! You’re studying Korean too with foundation year? That’s exciting!! I haven’t met anyone else yet aha 😊

Hopefully!! I'm anxious as to what the tests are like, as I haven't been to school for 14 years... If all goes well we will be there together I guess!
Original post by Ebonie_Isabella
Hi!
Is there anyone else who is preparing for their DLL interview for the 10th of March? (University of Sheffield) I finished the Maths and English tests. I'm wanting to do Japanese Studies after the foundation year c: It would be nice to know other people in the same boat as me!

Hey Ebonie did you ever get confirmation of your acceptance? My interview is the 28th, just trying to gauge how long the response times might be.
Hopefully!! I'm anxious as to what the tests are like, as I haven't been to school for 14 years... If all goes well we will be there together I guess!

Ooh that’s so exciting! I’m actually really nervous now I’ve had the email with the brief on what the tests are 🫤 but hopefully we can smash it and meet in September!
Ooh that’s so exciting! I’m actually really nervous now I’ve had the email with the brief on what the tests are 🫤 but hopefully we can smash it and meet in September!

I went ahead and did those, I hope I didnt rush into it! Good luck!
Hey Ebonie did you ever get confirmation of your acceptance? My interview is the 28th, just trying to gauge how long the response times might be.

Hey c: I got an email last week saying that they were done with the interviews from Japanese Studies I think and they will let me know their decision from the week commencing the 28th of April.
I did them on Friday, took me way too long but I haven’t done maths or English tests for years 😅 I just hope they’re of a good standard 😬 and that the interview doesn’t go too badly, mines also on the 28th.
I went ahead and did those, I hope I didnt rush into it! Good luck!
I did them on Friday, took me way too long but I haven’t done maths or English tests for years 😅 I just hope they’re of a good standard 😬 and that the interview doesn’t go too badly, mines also on the 28th.

Good luck!!
Good luck!!

Good luck to you too!!
Good luck to you too!!

Hi Kayla how did you get on if you don't mind me asking? Had my interview today. Super nervous about the results.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi Kayla how did you get on if you don't mind me asking? Had my interview today. Super nervous about the results.

Hi! I don’t feel like I did that well, I’m super nervous about the results too. The lady didn’t seem that impressed with what I was saying. This is gonna be the longest few weeks 😬
Hi! I don’t feel like I did that well, I’m super nervous about the results too. The lady didn’t seem that impressed with what I was saying. This is gonna be the longest few weeks 😬

Same!! I had prepared for a lot of questions but they asked many things I wasn't expecting! I left feeling a bit dejected with my performance.

It's definitely going to be a long few weeks 🥲 fingers crossed !!
Reply 15
Same!! I had prepared for a lot of questions but they asked many things I wasn't expecting! I left feeling a bit dejected with my performance.

It's definitely going to be a long few weeks 🥲 fingers crossed !!

Omg yes, I had written out notes for possible questions they may have asked but I felt as though it didn’t cover enough of what I wanted to say (if that makes sense) and then I kinda felt my anxiety getting bad so I was stumbling over words :frown: she asked me stuff to do with my current job, like about team work etc, which was not something I was expecting. I’m not sure I did enough to get in, but at the same time I feel like it’s really unfair to make someone a conditional offer for DLL - I feel like all ‘normal’ students have to do is pass their exams but we have to be good at interviews too :frown:.

Hopefully, we’re both wrong and we’ll be meeting in September! 🤞🏻
Omg yes, I had written out notes for possible questions they may have asked but I felt as though it didn’t cover enough of what I wanted to say (if that makes sense) and then I kinda felt my anxiety getting bad so I was stumbling over words :frown: she asked me stuff to do with my current job, like about team work etc, which was not something I was expecting. I’m not sure I did enough to get in, but at the same time I feel like it’s really unfair to make someone a conditional offer for DLL - I feel like all ‘normal’ students have to do is pass their exams but we have to be good at interviews too :frown:.

Hopefully, we’re both wrong and we’ll be meeting in September! 🤞🏻

I got in!
Reply 17
I got in!

I did not
I did not

Oh no.. sorry to hear that, are you going to appeal?
Reply 19
Oh no.. sorry to hear that, are you going to appeal?

Can you appeal? I didn’t know that was a thing…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending