The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

DLL Interview for Foundation Year at University of Sheffield

I'll be waiting till May 30th for mine...
and so in the meantime I'm wondering how everyone else's DLL interview days went ?

I've completed the online literacy and numeracy assessments... I'm unsure whether I'll be notified of my results prior to my interview or whether it will be one great surprise on the day ?

I notice it's not easy to find anecdotes on the whole process, could be quite helpful to share your experiences. I'll sure appreciate it.
Hello!
I had my DLL interview back on March 10th for Japanese Studies with a foundation year
You don't get told about your test results even on the interview day. The results you get help the board to make a decision after your initial interview.
As far as the interview goes, a few questions caught me slightly off guard such as "What books do you currently read which will contribute to your current chosen area of study?" but other than that, it was quite pleasant and despite being told to relax and treat it more casually, I was still very nervous. I get to hear back from the 28th of this month about their decision. Everyone was very pleasant to talk to when having the hour long session to ask any questions I might have had and the wellbeing interview was probably not even an interview at all, it felt more like a chat or a friendly consultation

Good luck to you though! :h:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Ebonie_Isabella
Hello!
I had my DLL interview back on March 10th for Japanese Studies with a foundation year
You don't get told about your test results even on the interview day. The results you get help the board to make a decision after your initial interview.
As far as the interview goes, a few questions caught me slightly off guard such as "What books do you currently read which will contribute to your current chosen area of study?" but other than that, it was quite pleasant and despite being told to relax and treat it more casually, I was still very nervous. I get to hear back from the 28th of this month about their decision. Everyone was very pleasant to talk to when having the hour long session to ask any questions I might have had and the wellbeing interview was probably not even an interview at all, it felt more like a chat or a friendly consultation

Hey there ! Thanks for sharing.

I'm waiting to interview for Urban Studies and Planning DLL course. So if anyone else reading this has applied for the same. . .

The process seems fairly laid back by the sounds of it. I'm probably all too happy to talk about what I've read.

Good to hear that you had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I haven't attended an open day yet. However, UoS appears to have a robust support system in place, DLL is a reflection of that and so I'm really hoping for a chance to firm an offer with them.

Not too long for you now. . . all the best to you !
(edited 12 months ago)
Hello!

The book question threw me too!! wish i had seen this before my interview today, I was not confident with how it went at all, while it was quite chilled. I feel like i should've done better, just want to know the results now.

Did you get your result?
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by BiscuitsNTea
The book question threw me too!! wish i had seen this before my interview today, I was not confident with how it went at all, while it was quite chilled. I feel like i should've done better, just want to know the results now.

Did you get your result?

Yes :frown: They rejected me with the claim I didn't have enough work experience but that was the only reason for their rejection. I may try again next year or perhaps find a different path.

I wish you all the luck!
Reply 5
Yes :frown: They rejected me with the claim I didn't have enough work experience but that was the only reason for their rejection. I may try again next year or perhaps find a different path.

I wish you all the luck!

Hey Ebonie, I believe you can make an appeal for the outcome of admissions decision. In the email you recieved confirming your offer, you'll find an attachtment for Complainst & Appeals. There's a form you can fill out and submit within 30 days of recieveing the decision.

What sort of work experience is expected for Japanese Studies?
Original post by Doddridge
Hey Ebonie, I believe you can make an appeal for the outcome of admissions decision. In the email you recieved confirming your offer, you'll find an attachtment for Complainst & Appeals. There's a form you can fill out and submit within 30 days of recieveing the decision.

What sort of work experience is expected for Japanese Studies?

They just put that I hadn't worked enough hours in a job for them to accept me. So they rejected me for that
They just put that I hadn't worked enough hours in a job for them to accept me. So they rejected me for that

Sorry to hear that. It's a shame that they would decline an offer based on thus. If you don't mind me asking how many years have you been in work? As I'm also waiting on a response from them, I'm intrigued to know what they deem as not enough?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending