The Student Room Group

Are these a good a level choices for art at Oxford?

Art
Maths
Chemistry
Do you think you can get good grades while producing an exceptional portfolio of work during yr12 and the summer before applying?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you think you can get good grades while producing an exceptional portfolio of work during yr12 and the summer before applying?

Yes I am currently doing GCSE art and my predicted grade is a 9
Original post by PaintNdraw
Art
Maths
Chemistry

Assuming this is what you mean: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/course-listing/fine-art

Art is recommended (but not required) with no other preferred subjects listed. Provided you are confident you can manage and enjoy these subjects at an A level standard (i.e MUCH more in depth than GCSE), then yes, your combination is excellent.
Last time I checked the majority of offer holders for fine art at Oxford had completed A levels and were taking a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design. So it’s worth remembering that you will be competing for offers against applicants with an extra year of dedicated art and design study to build their portfolios. If you’re set on the Ruskin then having a backup plan to take a FAD after A levels is a solid idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending