The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Haven't got feedback either (my referee/careers counsellor somehow doesn't know this after 2-3 years of serving in this post...oh dear). I might not even want to read it either, might make me regret more about my interview performance.
Reply 21
Dreama

The majority of (particularly law :frown:) applicants I met were more concerned about parking facilities than anything else.

History applicants seemed lovely though :smile:

Luck of the draw I guess... :smile:

haha :biggrin: except for Chris and a few other law applicants the rest were just OTT. :rolleyes: I really could not see myself working alongside them. For some strange reason I was constantly surrounded by the language applicants. If they were not Spanish or Greek it was French and Arabic! :smile: They were all v. nice though.
Reply 22
Misbah Imtiaz
haha :biggrin: except for Chris and a few other law applicants the rest were just OTT. :rolleyes: I really could not see myself working alongside them. For some strange reason I was constantly surrounded by the language applicants. If they were not Spanish or Greek it was French and Arabic! :smile: They were all v. nice though.

Apart from two, all the law applicants I met were absolute pricks (well, the ones that I noticed anyway).
Reply 23
kingslaw
Apart from two, all the law applicants I met were absolute pricks (well, the ones that I noticed anyway).

:biggrin: Couldn't have said it better myself....
Reply 24
Naughty word!

Mine were just horrible - Couldn't have lived with them for 3 years :frown: Drove me nuts..
Then there's a silver lining to your rejection ^-^
Reply 26
Onearmedbandit
Then there's a silver lining to your rejection ^-^

Nah, I still would've gone. You'd be stupid to reject an Oxford offer. Even if you think you're not gonna like it, you can always do it for a year, and then drop out if you reckon you're gonna be miserable.

Anyway, I'm practically guaranteed to get onto the BCL :wink:!!!
My dad's friend got an offer and rejected it...
Reply 28
kingslaw

out of interest, which year are you in?

i live next to a lawyer now & know quite a few & most of them are actually the loveliest people.. :p: so was wondering if i was your interview cohort?

though i hated the people i met at interview too, but most of the really obnoxious/offensive types don't seem to actually get in.
Reply 29
Elles
out of interest, which year are you in?

i live next to a lawyer now & know quite a few & most of them are actually the loveliest people.. :p: so was wondering if i was your interview cohort?

though i hated the people i met at interview too, but most of the really obnoxious/offensive types don't seem to actually get in.

I'm a law fresher. I applied to Magdalen. Beautiful place, not so beautiful people!
Reply 30
Elles

The sheer majority of them in my Interview group - they couldn't have helped but picked a few!! :smile:
Reply 31
kingslaw
I'm a law fresher. I applied to Magdalen. Beautiful place, not so beautiful people!

ah, not my cohort then.. i couldn't comment specifically on the successful 1st year lawyers as a whole.

& i'm at Magdalen, so i'd like to state the case that there are plenty of beautiful people here! :biggrin: but given the majority of those at interview don't get in, tis perhaps not the best time to judge what the student community is truly like..?

Dreama - well, none of the irritatingly abnoxious ones out of the 60 applicants or so for my subject in my year got in.. maybe i was just lucky. :wink:
Reply 32
Elles
ah, not my cohort then.. i couldn't comment specifically on the successful 1st year lawyers as a whole.

& i'm at Magdalen, so i'd like to state the case that there are plenty of beautiful people here! :biggrin: but given the majority of those at interview don't get in, tis perhaps not the best time to judge what the student community is truly like..?

I have to say, some of the students who were actually already there and were helping us out were nice people - although not necessarily my 'type' of person...I'm just not used to people like them. I really dont know how else to put it.

The accolade for the biggest w*nker law student I've met goes to a UCL student who judges a debate between us and Oxford. He was a complete and utter stuck-up, obnoxious, chronically arrogant tit whose head I wished to ram against the wall. ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!
Dreama
The sheer majority of them in my Interview group - they couldn't have helped but picked a few!! :smile:

All the nice people I met seem to have gotten rejected :frown: Except one lovely scouser but that's it...

I wonder if those with the offers were nice! Those ones didn't spend much time in the JCR/Bar (I wonder if there's a connection there :confused: :p: )
Reply 34
my school rang up my college to ask why i dint get in! dont wait for them, they'll jus tell u how ovr subscribed it was etc etc :frown:
Reply 35
I don't really need to know anymore.

From the people I know who *have* got in I know why I didn't...
Well I guess I'd like to know why they gave me an extra interview... just so I can say I was close or something, but it doesn't really matter.
Reply 37
kingslaw

The accolade for the biggest w*nker law student I've met goes to a UCL student who judges a debate between us and Oxford. He was a complete and utter stuck-up, obnoxious, chronically arrogant tit whose head I wished to ram against the wall. ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

Do you recall their name?!
Reply 38
Onearmedbandit
Well I guess I'd like to know why they gave me an extra interview... just so I can say I was close or something, but it doesn't really matter.

if they agve u another interview (as they did me) i heard (from my feedback) that they were still considering you. after the 1st session of interviews 1,3 get in 1.3 get thru like u and me and 1,3 go home ie rejected straight away....so its good u got another one

Latest

Trending

Trending