The Student Room Group

should I study film and television production at uni

I have been wondering whether I should do film and television production at university but I don't know whether it's right for me. I have a large interest in film especially with cinematography and how a script can be visually translated onto screen as well as camera work in documentaries. I find film theory and pretty much every aspect of film production interesting as well so I would be definitely happy to try everything out.

However, one thing that's holding me back is the fact that I am not a good creative writer/script writer and I find it really hard to write and create my own stories. I love English literature and do it for A level and I feel i'm able to think of how text can be visually represented and everything like that but I really struggle to creatively write and think of stories. So, i'm wondering whether doing film and tv production at university would suit me? I can't think of anything else I would like to do and I do find the subject interesting..but i'm nervous that writing would be a big hindrance for me.

I've been looking at the courses at Falmouth, Bath Spa, York, Bristol and Brighton so far but I'm definitely open to looking at the options. If I did do film I would definitely want a course that combines theory/academic work and practical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending