The Student Room Group

will i get a criminal record for 3 train fines?

ive been fined for not paying for a train ticket 3 times as of today. the first i just payed (i was 16 and just got on a random train with a friend) but the second one i appealed because the train conductor usually allowed us to pay for tickets on the actual train and then the fine was just sort of sprung on me and a few other students on the same train. today id brought a ticket, but i didnt realise my railcard had run out a week ago. i told the person that id only recieved one fine before because i forgot about the first one, and she warned me that a third fine would go straight to criminal prosecution, so now im scared im going to get a criminal conviction and that it could affect my university offers? does anyone have any experience with this situation/ what it intails?
no you won't
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
ive been fined for not paying for a train ticket 3 times as of today. the first i just payed (i was 16 and just got on a random train with a friend) but the second one i appealed because the train conductor usually allowed us to pay for tickets on the actual train and then the fine was just sort of sprung on me and a few other students on the same train. today id brought a ticket, but i didnt realise my railcard had run out a week ago. i told the person that id only recieved one fine before because i forgot about the first one, and she warned me that a third fine would go straight to criminal prosecution, so now im scared im going to get a criminal conviction and that it could affect my university offers? does anyone have any experience with this situation/ what it intails?

If they've taken your name and address and reported you, and they've got your name and address on file from previous offences, then it's possible they'll take the view that you're a repeat offender and that since you didn't learn from being dealt with before outside the legal system, the next step to take is to prosecute.

If you do end up being prosecuted and convicted, you'll need to check the regulations of the university you attend to see if you need to declare it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending