The Student Room Group

25 starting uni

is 25 years old too old to start uni?
Original post by brightestgeek

LOL Never!! Who told you that? Uni has a wide range of people of different ages. Never too late! Long as you got that determination to learn, develop and grow.

I was 23 when I started and never noticed a difference, in fact nobody knew till I eventually told them on my birthday. I wasn't the oldest either, was another lad who was a year older.

There was a man in his 80s on a course at my uni, he would go about uni on his mobility scooter. That proves its NEVER EVER to late or too old to do uni

What you planning on studying? :smile:
Original post by lildannys95
LOL Never!! Who told you that? Uni has a wide range of people of different ages. Never too late! Long as you got that determination to learn, develop and grow.

I was 23 when I started and never noticed a difference, in fact nobody knew till I eventually told them on my birthday. I wasn't the oldest either, was another lad who was a year older.

There was a man in his 80s on a course at my uni, he would go about uni on his mobility scooter. That proves its NEVER EVER to late or too old to do uni

What you planning on studying? :smile:

astrophysics. i was suppose to start when i was 18/19 but i got diagnosed with a chronic illness that time
Reply 3
there are people 30-40 in my class

No.

Definitely not! There are people of all ages at uni and most of the time, people don't even realise what age you are. I have made lots of friends who were older/younger than me at uni, it really doesn't matter.

If you do prefer to make friends with people who are a little older, lots of unis, like BCU, have Mature student societies/socials where you can meet other students that are older than 18.

Hope that helps! Abbie :smile:
25 isn't old at all
Reply 7
Definitely not old, the majority of my student cohort is over 30!
Reply 8

No. If you're ready for uni and you can do well, you're old enough, and not too old.

I hope not coz I’m 43 and start in a couple of weeks so if 25 is too old I must be an actual corpse! Go for it and good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending