The Student Room Group

Mature Student in the Uni

Hi, I'm 25 years old in the Uni. I'm in my sophomore year, about to write the end of a session examination. By September later this year, I'll be a junior.
Many of my age group are already done with Uni. Me being in the Uni at 25 in my sophomore year sometimes bothers me. In class, I do not interact much with other students, cause I feel perhaps I'm the oldest student in my class, sometimes I even stare at the mirror so long just to see if I'm starting to get wrinkles on my face or grey hair on my head; funny for a 25 year old to think that right? I don't want it to bother me at all, but I can't help to think that , cause it really does. If there's anything at all that could help take my mind off this bothersome, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for your wonderful responses.
I've moved your thread to a more relevant section :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by thrivingfrog
I've moved your thread to a more relevant section :smile:

Oh, thanks. I appreciate. How will i get to see anyone's response?
Original post by JoJo_9_8
Oh, thanks. I appreciate. How will i get to see anyone's response?

When people respond they will come up here like mine did
Reply 4
I will be starting Uni this year at 28, I can fully empathise with you.
I've done an Access course over the past few years with other adults, and usually I have been one of the younger ones, but there have been a few 19/20 year old, and have felt as though I am a lot older than I am, which is a concern I have for when I start uni too.

I thinknits just important to focus on how you are doing something good for yourself despite any setbacks you have been through. For many students going to uni is just a linear path, school, college, uni.
For mature students it can be really hard throwing yourself back into education, so I think it's important to try to be proud of yourself, rather than comparing yourself to others.

Are you a member of any societies? Some unis have them specifically for mature students, and if not, maybe joining one that you are genuinely interested in will give you a chance to get to know other students and have fun focusing on something without constantly thinking about age if you're around like minded people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending