The Student Room Group

Unsure what I qualify for

I did a biovet year 2020 then dropped out, took a gap year and returned to vet medicine at Liverpool 2022. After withdrawal from biovet I was advised by the SFE that I would still get full funding for my veterinary degree (5 years).

Is this true? I tried to reappply for finance today and it said I had recieved all finance but not sure if that is because the applications are closed?

By the end of my vet degree I will have done 6 years at uni which is within the length of degree +1 year guidelines.

So will I be eligible for full funding for the remainder of my degree? And when do applications for 24/25 open? Pls respond student finance england :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi there. What year of the course are you on now? Do you start each year in September?

Applications for 24/25 aren't out yet, no specific date yet, but normally in March they are available.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
I’m in 2nd year of vet med now and starting in September each year so I’ve had 3 years of finance thus far and 3 years left of the course.

I was advised I would be able to get funding for it all
If you have only had one year of previous study from another course then yes, you should.

So, you started 2nd year in September 2023? Have you made an application? What year are you trying to apply for? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
If you have only had one year of previous study from another course then yes, you should.

So, you started 2nd year in September 2023? Have you made an application? What year are you trying to apply for? Thanks, Leah.
Yes and was trying to apply for next years finance so 2024! I’m assuming not open yet
Original post by Katie635
Yes and was trying to apply for next years finance so 2024! I’m assuming not open yet
No sorry Katie these applications are not yet open for the 24/25 Academic Year. We are expecting them to launch around March time.

Thanks - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending