The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York 23/24 accommodation as insurance choice

Hello! I recently received a medicine offer from HYMS and was allocated to York - I will probably be putting it as my insurance and in the offer holder email it said you can apply for accommodation if York is your insurance but you’re not covered by the guarantee.

How likely is it that someone would get one of their top 3 accommodation choices, or any of their choices, if they insured rather than firmed York?
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study at York!

We do prioritise firm offer holders when it comes to allocating accommodation, so your chances of getting one of your top 3 accommodation choices are reduced compared to someone who has put York as their firm. The date you apply for accommodation is also taken into account when allocating rooms, so the sooner you apply, the more likely you'll get one of your higher choices.

This website has more information about applying for undergraduate accommodation

I hope this helps,

Hannah :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study at York!

We do prioritise firm offer holders when it comes to allocating accommodation, so your chances of getting one of your top 3 accommodation choices are reduced compared to someone who has put York as their firm. The date you apply for accommodation is also taken into account when allocating rooms, so the sooner you apply, the more likely you'll get one of your higher choices.

This website has more information about applying for undergraduate accommodation

I hope this helps,

Hannah :smile:

thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending