The Student Room Group

gym help please!!

basically i’ve always heard that women can’t get bulky in the gym so i’ve just been doing whatever i want (and i absolutely love to lift, twice a day quite often) but i’m not really enjoying the growth on my arms.

i already put a lot of fat onto my arms in comparison to the rest of my body, so now that i’m building muscle i think they look even bigger. i don’t know what to do because lifting makes me so so happy, but i’m afraid that my arms will grow even more. i like to go to the gym everyday and do a lower body/upper body split, so i’m not sure what id even do for most of the days if i took the upper body part out. does anyone have any advice?
Do some cardio added in to lessen the fat in your arms? (Obviously you can't target fat loss)
Are you already working out back, shoulders, chest etc?
Original post by Anonymous
basically i’ve always heard that women can’t get bulky in the gym so i’ve just been doing whatever i want (and i absolutely love to lift, twice a day quite often) but i’m not really enjoying the growth on my arms.

i already put a lot of fat onto my arms in comparison to the rest of my body, so now that i’m building muscle i think they look even bigger. i don’t know what to do because lifting makes me so so happy, but i’m afraid that my arms will grow even more. i like to go to the gym everyday and do a lower body/upper body split, so i’m not sure what id even do for most of the days if i took the upper body part out. does anyone have any advice?

I've moved your thread to the Fitness section.
maybe if you don't want to bulk them lower the weight and start doing more reps then you'll still loose fat from it as well: )

omg, i'm having the same issue.

i think the only solution is to go into a calorie deficit for a month or two and see if there is any difference...

something else you could do to actually qualify the difference, instead of relying on sight which might not represent the actual change is just to measure your bicep, though i do think this could lead to bad habits if you go too far.

if you enjoy working out, don't stop!!! it is such a good habit and will help you both mentally and physically :smile:
if you do arm lifts your arms will get bigger overime but they will also tone up the mussle, you seem woried about what yuo look like but just remeber that looks dont matter and i think you should follow your heart if u like doing it then go for it, dont let anyone get in the way of your life. if it makes you happy you should do it. your arms will however build mussle wich dose build on the size but it will show as musle bc they will be toned.

soz i cant spell but i hope this helps :smile:
I have coached my girlfriend to national powerlifting championships, she is an elite bench presser with a bench press of about 95kg

She does not have bulky arms. Have you really increased your arm size? Is your weight stable? What are you lifting and for how many reps? Whats your height/weight?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest