The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

MPharm Keele 2023

Hey! I was just wondering who had applied/got an offer to study Pharmacy at Keele?

When did you have your interview, and when did you receive an offer?
What are your predicted grades, and what subjects do you take?
What other universities did you apply for, and is Keele your first choice?

I had my interview on 15/03 (yesterday) and I am still waiting to here back, but Keele is my first choice so I am hoping to speak to other people planning to go to Keele!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MlAAA
Hey! I was just wondering who had applied/got an offer to study Pharmacy at Keele?

I had my interview on 15/03 (yesterday) and I am still waiting to here back, but Keele is my first choice so I am hoping to speak to other people planning to go to Keele!

Hi!

Great to hear that you're thinking of studying at Keele! I'm not in the Pharmacy department but I am a postgraduate student at Keele so if you've got any general questions about life on campus, just drop me a message here . You might also be interested in chatting to some of our current students via Unibuddy at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/.

Amy Louise
PhD Candidate English Literature & Student Ambassador, Keele University
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by MlAAA

Hi!
I have my interview on the 22/03 and I'm so so so stressed. How did yours go? Are there any questions I need to look out for?
Also, yes Keele is my first choice I do Biology, Chemistry, and Philosophy.
I hope you get the reply you want soon!
Reply 3
Original post by iala
Hi!
I have my interview on the 22/03 and I'm so so so stressed. How did yours go? Are there any questions I need to look out for?

Hi! I thought the interview was really chilled. The interviewers were really nice and it was very casual, so don't be too nervous! I’d just focus on practising scenario-based questions and looking through the Pharmacy standards, as well as the general questions.

I take Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I hope it goes well for you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi!

Great to hear that you're thinking of studying at Keele! I'm not in the Pharmacy department but I am a postgraduate student at Keele so if you've got any general questions about life on campus, just drop me a message here . You might also be interested in chatting to some of our current students via Unibuddy at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/.

Amy Louise
PhD Candidate English Literature & Student Ambassador, Keele University

Hi! Thank you for responding to me. I have been looking into accommodation recently - is the application process open for this? And which is the more social out of all the accommodation blocks?

Also, could you direct me to something that shows the extracurriculars that Keele offers, specifically societies etc? Thank you!
Original post by MlAAA
Hi! Thank you for responding to me. I have been looking into accommodation recently - is the application process open for this? And which is the more social out of all the accommodation blocks?

Also, could you direct me to something that shows the extracurriculars that Keele offers, specifically societies etc? Thank you

Once you have received and accepted your offer to study at Keele, you'll get an invitation to register with our accommodation portal and go through the process of selecting accommodation. You can find out more about that process at: https://www.keele.ac.uk/accommodation/howandwhentoapply/#new-september-starters.

I've never lived in Keele's accommodation myself as I commute from home onto campus. I've had friends in halls however and I think all of them are pretty sociable! Some of the accommodation - Horwood, Lindsay - is more traditional so they offer slightly larger flat sizes. Other blocks - such as New Barnes - have smaller groups in each flat. Horwood and Barnes are the two accommodation areas closest to the centre of campus but Lindsay, Lindsay Court, Holly Cross, and The Oaks are only a 5-10 minute walk so it isn't as if any of the accommodation if far away from the centre of things! You can find out more about each accommodation type - and see some virtual tours - at https://www.keele.ac.uk/accommodation/ouraccommodation/.

Our accommodation is usually open on our open days and postgraduate open afternoons as well so, if you're able, consider coming along to one if you've never visited campus before: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/opendays/. They're a great way to see the campus and facilities, as well as to meet some current students and find out about student life from them.

In terms of societies, there's definitely plenty going on. A list of the current societies we have is on the SU website at https://keelesu.com/activities/clubs-societies/. If you don't see a society to cover what you're interested in, however, there's also opportunities to get support from the SU to establish one! The SU and KPA also run lots of extra-curricular events for students, and the university and chapel both put on events - everything from concerts, traditional nights out/club nights and live music to board game and film evenings, readings, and evening lectures. So there's always plenty to do around campus.

Hope that helps but if you've got any other questions, please let me know :smile:

Amy Louise
Student Ambassador, Keele University
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi how did you find the interview I had one today as well. It was quite nerve wracking
Original post by iala
Hi!
Original post by Living the life
Hi how did you find the interview I had one today as well. It was quite nerve wracking

Hi have you heard back ?
Original post by iala
Hi!

Hi, I had my interview on the same day, have you heard back yet ?
just now I got an offer today. Have you heard back if not good luck they did say it might take up to 14 working days :smile:
Original post by Sanah2022
Hi have you heard back ?
(edited 1 year ago)
has anyone been able to get in contact with keele? I've tried calling them but they never answer. I'm also slightly confused on how their alternative offers work because I completed an EPQ last year in year 12 and achieved an A which the website states I'm entitled to a one grade reduction however in my offer it doesn't state this so I'm a bit confused and want to double check with them
has anyone been able to get in contact with keele? I've tried calling them but they never answer. I'm also slightly confused on how their alternative offers work because I completed an EPQ last year in year 12 and achieved an A which the website states I'm entitled to a one grade reduction however in my offer it doesn't state this so I'm a bit confused and want to double check with them

What offer have you received, they may have already added the reduction :smile:
Original post by MlAAA

I did my interview November 16th and got an offer November 25th :smile: Did you get an offer?
ABB which I think is the stated normal offer. Update they didn't see that I had done an EPQ so they have sorted it now :smile:
Original post by katieae!
What offer have you received, they may have already added the reduction :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Sanah2022
Hi, I had my interview on the same day, have you heard back yet ?

Hi
Yes! I got my offer on Wednesday even though I thought I absolutely butchered the interview.
Have you?
Heyy i was just wondering if you are looking to pick keele as either your insurance or firm? I would love to get to know a few people on the course.
Original post by iala
Hi
Yes! I got my offer on Wednesday even though I thought I absolutely butchered the interview.
Have you?
Reply 16
Heyy i was just wondering if you are looking to pick keele as either your insurance or firm? I would love to get to know a few people on the course.

Most likely my firm. I’ve been set on keele for years and I kinda can’t see myself anywhere else atp 😂
Omgg that's amazing i was looking to put keele as my firm too. which other unis have you applied to if you dont mind me asking
Heyyyt, what kind of questions did they ask ? I’ve got mine next week, pkeaseee help me 🥹
hi guys, I'm currently deciding on whether to firm Keele or Brighton and the thing that's making me unsure is Keele's accommodation. Their website says in their cheapest accommodation, 20-something people can share a kitchen and 8-16 people can share one bathroom. and I was wondering if anyone knew anyone who had any sort of personal experience living with that many people and if they could advise some on the reality of it. thank you : )

Quick Reply

Latest