The Student Room Group

What can I do to improve my grades?

I have 2 med offers so far and both want AAA but right now my confidence is at an all time low what can I do to improve my grades, cover all the content, practice and get confident again? Any tips?
Past papers usually do the trick. Go through the mark scheme to know what the examiners look for in your answers to maximise your marks. Also, I found it helped me to remember A-Level content when I did my own notes, read them and tried to write as much as I could again from memory.

Hope you ace your A-Levels!
Original post by Dr_AK
I have 2 med offers so far and both want AAA but right now my confidence is at an all time low what can I do to improve my grades, cover all the content, practice and get confident again? Any tips?

past papers + exam questions by topics you are struggling with + memorising content especially for biology this is important
Reply 3
Original post by Scotland Yard
Past papers usually do the trick. Go through the mark scheme to know what the examiners look for in your answers to maximise your marks. Also, I found it helped me to remember A-Level content when I did my own notes, read them and tried to write as much as I could again from memory.

Hope you ace your A-Levels!

Thank you so much - it is just that I am really struggling right now and my grades have fallen to Bs and Cs currently- bearing in mind I barely know any content, I am just really stressed. Sorry my first time using this site.
Reply 4
Original post by bryce212_
past papers + exam questions by topics you are struggling with + memorising content especially for biology this is important

Yeah I know my AS content and I only know topic 5 for A2 aqa biology right now. It looks like a very steep climb from here.
Hey! I find the best way to revise a lot of content in a short amount of time is blurting: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/exams-and-revision/best-ways-to-revise/the-blurting-method
Basically, you cover your notes and write them down over and over again, correcting them as you go. I find this helps me memorise things really quickly and spot the bits I'm struggling to remember so I know what to focus on the next day.
Once I feel like I've learnt all the content through blurting, I start doing past papers to test out my memory in practice!
I hope that helps :smile:
Abbie
Reply 6
Thank you so much, I am definitely going to try this out for Biology soon.
Studyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Original post by Dr_AK

Heya!
Doing lots of past papers and making sure you understand each topic fully will do the trick - you can do practice questions by topic :h: When you do past papers, make sure to go through the mark scheme thoroughly as well. If it helps, Study mind has lots of free resources from revision notes to practice questions.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 9
Thank you will check it out

Quick Reply

Latest