The Student Room Group

My smart phone Storage space running out daily.

My smartphone Storage space running out daily. I have already reset my phone twice a month. Please tell me what I do?
You need to free up storage space. Apps tend to download more stuff than you might realise - Whatsapp for example can save every photo and video to your phone, depending on settings, and other apps will also download a cache. You can clear app caches (this varies depending on your model/OS of phone, google is your friend), uninstall apps you don't need, delete files, or move them onto an SD card (android only). If you're on Android, there's an app called File Manager + that I find quite useful - if you install that, in the three-dot menu there's an 'analyze' function that tells you exactly how much space is being taken up by everything, or else you might consider a dedicated cleaner app like ccleaner.
Original post by richardwilson12
My smartphone Storage space running out daily. I have already reset my phone twice a month. Please tell me what I do?

Have you deleted old apps you don't use any more? Or deleted photos that you don't want any more (and have securely backed-up elsewhere)?

I've never used a Samsung, but I assume it has an app to manage your storage, and at least show you where the spaced is being used? Google suggests it should be in Settings | Battery and device care | Storage.
(edited 1 year ago)
offload your photos onto google photos and delete from your camera roll. Always works for me :yep:
Original post by DoctorJorts
You need to free up storage space. Apps tend to download more stuff than you might realise - Whatsapp for example can save every photo and video to your phone, depending on settings, and other apps will also download a cache. You can clear app caches (this varies depending on your model/OS of phone, google is your friend), uninstall apps you don't need, delete files, or move them onto an SD card (android only). If you're on Android, there's an app called File Manager + that I find quite useful - if you install that, in the three-dot menu there's an 'analyze' function that tells you exactly how much space is being taken up by everything, or else you might consider a dedicated cleaner app like ccleaner.

I have disabled many apps that I don't use and also clear some cache. Now my phone is stable. Thanks for your opinion.
Original post by DataVenia
Have you deleted old apps you don't use any more? Or deleted photos that you don't want any more (and have securely backed-up elsewhere)?

I've never used a Samsung, but I assume it has an app to manage your storage, and at least show you where the spaced is being used? Google suggests it should be in Settings | Battery and device care | Storage.

I have used phone manager apps, it's profitable but my phone gets slower and hangs.
Original post by richardwilson12
I have used phone manager apps, it's profitable but my phone gets slower and hangs.

And did you actually remove any apps, photos, videos, music, etc.? How much space was available before you did so? How much space is available now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending