The Student Room Group

Different name uni and student finance?

Let me explain, so in college i changed the spelling of my name and added my middle name to my name using a deed poll so for all my official school forms it was the new spelling name but my bank documments and everything stayed the same because i thought it was too long to go through the actual process since my name is the same just the spelling and middle name.
HOWEVER for my ucas application and for my offer i am using the new spelling of my name so will that effect my student finance which is linked to my bank name(the name i didn't change)
This is quite a silly question and i'm sure the answer is yes but i just need confirmation
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Should i email the uni or whatt
Reply 2
Can someone take this to the sfe section
(I've asked for the thread to be moved.)

I believe SFE do require the account name to match the one they have on record.

Why not just amend your name with the bank? It shouldn't be longwinded if you have the relevant docs.
Definitely get the name change recorded with the bank. Not doing it will cause more problems in future, so you might as well do it now.

It should be pretty straightforward to do.
Original post by 2760
Let me explain, so in college i changed the spelling of my name and added my middle name to my name using a deed poll so for all my official school forms it was the new spelling name but my bank documments and everything stayed the same because i thought it was too long to go through the actual process since my name is the same just the spelling and middle name.
HOWEVER for my ucas application and for my offer i am using the new spelling of my name so will that effect my student finance which is linked to my bank name(the name i didn't change)
This is quite a silly question and i'm sure the answer is yes but i just need confirmation

Hi there,

If your name has changed since applying with us then you can upload a copy of your deed poll and a cover letter to your account requesting for this to be updated.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by martin7
Definitely get the name change recorded with the bank. Not doing it will cause more problems in future, so you might as well do it now.

It should be pretty straightforward to do.

if my passport has expired and i plan on renewing it, do you know if i can just automatically put my new name on the new passport application or do i have to let them know?
Original post by 2760
if my passport has expired and i plan on renewing it, do you know if i can just automatically put my new name on the new passport application or do i have to let them know?

If your name is different to what is on your birth certificate, you need to send evidence of your name change. See the following page re acceptable documents:

https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport-information/names-dont-match-official-documents
Original post by 2760

Hi there, I would advise to get in contact with The Passport Office and discuss this with them. Thanks, Karen
Reply 9
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, I would advise to get in contact with The Passport Office and discuss this with them. Thanks, Karen

Where should i upload a copy of my deed poll?
Original post by 2760
Where should i upload a copy of my deed poll?

Hi there, Do you have a Evidence Upload option showing in your online account? If so it can be uploaded there. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending