The Student Room Group

University Choice Help

Hello. I would like to hear the thoughts of others here. I'm going to be choosing my firm and insurance choices soon. I can't decide between Bath, Bristol and Nottingham for Mechanical Engineering. I was thinking of firming Bristol and insuring Notts but after I got the Bath offer, a lot of people around me keep pushing for Bath.

While Bath is a wonderful uni in the UK, I think Bristol and Notts would be better in terms of global prospects. What do you think? If you would make a different choice, please, let me know the reasons.

Thank you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by DarylO
Hello. I would like to hear the thoughts of others here. I'm going to be choosing my firm and insurance choices soon. I can't decide between Bath, Bristol and Nottingham for Mechanical Engineering. I was thinking of firming Bristol and insuring Notts but after I got the Bath offer, a lot of people around me keep pushing for Bath.

While Bath is a wonderful uni in the UK, I think Bristol and Notts would be better in terms of global prospects. What do you think? If you would make a different choice, please, let me know the reasons.

Thank you.

Are the offer conditions all the same? Are you comfortable hitting the required grades?

Are you particularly interested in "global prospects" because you're an international student? Or for some other reason?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Are the offer conditions all the same? Are you comfortable hitting the required grades?

Are you particularly interested in "global prospects" because you're an international student? Or for some other reason?

Hey. Thanks for the response.

The conditions aren't the same with Bath asking for the highest and Notts asking for the lowest, but I'm confident I can hit any of them.

It's mainly because I'm an international student and I know how employers outside react to degrees from certain unis. Here, it doesn't really matter but outside, it makes a huge difference. I don't know if they're as familiar with Bath as we are in the UK. I won't be working here for long after my graduation so I really have to think about this.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by DarylO
Hey. Thanks for the response.

The conditions aren't the same with Bath asking for the highest and Notts asking for the lowest, but I'm confident I can hit any of them.

It's mainly because I'm an international student and I know how employers outside react to degrees from certain unis. Here, it doesn't really matter but outside, it makes a huge difference. I don't know if they're as familiar with Bath as we are in the UK. I won't be working here for long after my graduation so I really have to think about this.

If that's the case, then your plan of "firming Bristol and insuring Notts" seems like a sensible approach.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
If that's the case, then your plan of "firming Bristol and insuring Notts" seems like a sensible approach.

Thanks for the reassurance. I thought it did but I started second-guessing myself after they kept harping on Bath.

Latest