The Student Room Group

leeds vs. bristol (law) pls help

i don’t know which uni to firm

leeds: i like the city so much more and the people, and i want to go there BUT i have to get A*AA and it’s also ranked lower and also has lower inclusion into magic circle
bristol: i have an offer of AAB, and it’s ranked higher for catergories mentioned above, BUT i don’t think i will enjoy the city as much and i’m worried about the type of people that go there
(course is the same for me, and accom etc)

im basically wondering if the ranking will really affect my chances of getting into a top law firm, or if leeds is still considered very good for law.
in short: how much does a unis ranking and prestige affect how well im going to do in future

if anyone has any idea pls lmk, im kinda freaking out abt what to do
I think the answer here is obvious imo. You firm Leeds as it seems to me you would prefer to go there and insure Bristol.

Bristol probably does have a few more graduates than Leeds, but Leeds is still a top uni, especially for law.

I don’t know if it is too late now, but if you were contextually eligible for Bristol, you should have been for Leeds.
Leeds won’t pick you automatically and you would have to have applied for A2L. The deadline has passed now but it is worth a try I think if you are eligible. You can check online to see if you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending