The Student Room Group

I went to uni for a trip abroad and regret it

When I was 20, I studied Japanese and literally just chose the course to watch anime and have a trip abroad. Now I'm 24 and have graduated last year in English, I'm really regretting it. I slept on the floor second year because my flatmate had a bad back and I didn't have any long term plans apart from teaching in Asia. Now I'm so confused with my life.
Original post by Red_Watermelon
When I was 20, I studied Japanese and literally just chose the course to watch anime and have a trip abroad. Now I'm 24 and have graduated last year in English, I'm really regretting it. I slept on the floor second year because my flatmate had a bad back and I didn't have any long term plans apart from teaching in Asia. Now I'm so confused with my life.

Please elaborate. Did you study for a degree in Japanese or English? When did you study abroad?
I’ve seen this soooo many times, where someone studied Japanese or Korean or whatever just because they were obsessed with anime, BTS and so on and not due to a well thought out reason. And why were you sleeping on the floor, did you not have your own bed?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I’ve seen this soooo many times, where someone studied Japanese or Korean or whatever just because they were obsessed with anime, BTS and so on and not due to a well thought out reason. And why were you sleeping on the floor, did you not have your own bed?

I didn't go to Japan but would still love to go. I slept on the floor because during second year, my flatmate had a bad back and it was only one bedroom as we were in private accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending