The Student Room Group

undergraduate pre-registration post graduation mental health nursing

I am currently a registered adult Nurse with a degree in professional practice. I want to retrain as a mental health Nurse. Am I correct in thinking I would be able to as although I am already a Nurse this would register me as a Mental health Nurse? Also would this give access to tuition/maintenance loans and nhs bursary? Thanks
Original post by sungiggs
I am currently a registered adult Nurse with a degree in professional practice. I want to retrain as a mental health Nurse. Am I correct in thinking I would be able to as although I am already a Nurse this would register me as a Mental health Nurse? Also would this give access to tuition/maintenance loans and nhs bursary? Thank

Hi there, when is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, when is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen

September 2023
I am currently a registered adult Nurse with a degree in professional practice. I want to retrain as a mental health Nurse. Am I correct in thinking I would be able to as although I am already a Nurse this would register me as a Mental health Nurse? Also would this give access to tuition/maintenance loans and nhs bursary? Thanks

September 2023

Thank you.

As long as you aren't registered already in the field you are applying for you'll be able to apply for Mental Health Nursing. The full time 23/24 applications are now live and you can do this via your account.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
So to clarify. I am an adult nurse already but can get funding to do mental health nursing? Thanks

Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you.

As long as you aren't registered already in the field you are applying for you'll be able to apply for Mental Health Nursing. The full time 23/24 applications are now live and you can do this via your account.

Thanks, Jason
So to clarify. I am an adult nurse already but can get funding to do mental health nursing? Thanks

Hi there, you would need to submit an application for funding indicating this for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, you would need to submit an application for funding indicating this for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

Does that mean you’re unsure whether it would be possible? That’s what I want to find out otherwise no point applying, it’s confusing
Does that mean you’re unsure whether it would be possible? That’s what I want to find out otherwise no point applying, it’s confusing

My colleague advised this in the message above. As long as you aren't registered already in the field you are applying for you'll be able to apply for Mental Health Nursing. The full time 23/24 applications are now live and you can do this via your account.

We can never guarantee your eligibility without an application being submitted and reviewed by the team. The only way to find out for sure if you are eligible for funding or not is to submit an application and once this has been reviewed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending