The Student Room Group

Food final evaluation of 3 dishes coursework

I was wondering if anyone on here has picked food or completed food and got grade 6+. I wanted to know how youve set out your evaluation for the final 3 dishes, ive done nutritional analysis,cost,sesnory and skills but unsure of what else. Want the highest mark possible but unsure of what to write! Heads up my teachers not allowed to tell us anything.
Hiiiii i do food!!, here are some things that can boost your grade up (I'm a predicted grade 8 )
ELABORATATION is key. when reviewing your final dishes make sure you explain why you did that certain action and link it to your sensory evaluation
(e.g. I decided to marinate the chicken as it will maintain more moisture and flavour which will improve taster experience)
Talk about what you did that made your dish high skill by identifying the process you did.
(e.g. I whipped egg whites with sugar with electric beaters as it aerated the eggs to form stiff peaks for the meringue)
I suggest if you don't know your processes then look in digital textbooks or the physical one that you might have in your class (make sure you credit that in your bibliography)
Highlight the nutrition advantages and disadvantages in your food
(e.g. the cake I made was high in sugar, high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay)
(again if you don't know nutrition that well then I suggest look at your specification)
Refer to the taster in sensory evaluation explanation and recognise mistakes in your trials and how you will improve them
(e.g. The taster scored a 2 in the texture category as I overmixed the batter which made the cake dense, next time I will use a wooden spoon)

Sorry if vague and I hope you get good marks
- Fran
Original post by scammed2myheart
Hiiiii i do food!!, here are some things that can boost your grade up (I'm a predicted grade 8 )
ELABORATATION is key. when reviewing your final dishes make sure you explain why you did that certain action and link it to your sensory evaluation
(e.g. I decided to marinate the chicken as it will maintain more moisture and flavour which will improve taster experience)
Talk about what you did that made your dish high skill by identifying the process you did.
(e.g. I whipped egg whites with sugar with electric beaters as it aerated the eggs to form stiff peaks for the meringue)
I suggest if you don't know your processes then look in digital textbooks or the physical one that you might have in your class (make sure you credit that in your bibliography)
Highlight the nutrition advantages and disadvantages in your food
(e.g. the cake I made was high in sugar, high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay)
(again if you don't know nutrition that well then I suggest look at your specification)
Refer to the taster in sensory evaluation explanation and recognise mistakes in your trials and how you will improve them
(e.g. The taster scored a 2 in the texture category as I overmixed the batter which made the cake dense, next time I will use a wooden spoon)

Sorry if vague and I hope you get good marks
- Fran

have you picked the American option? if so what have you researched, I feel as though mines not in depth.
Original post by abellfield12
have you picked the American option? if so what have you researched, I feel as though mines not in depth.

sorry for the late response but yes i did !!
The countries I picked were quite difficult but here were some things I drew on on my research
- meal patterns of each country
- Types of food that are native to their countries and why the food grows there (e.g. climate, colonisation etc..)
- Their cooking techniques (how they typically cook their food)
- History of their cultural dishes (how did their food become to be, is it because of the diverse group of people? for example)
- Types of cutlery used in a typical meal

I hope you enjoy your half term :smile:
Please firl i need to be your friend i have so many questions!

Original post by scammed2myheart
sorry for the late response but yes i did !!
The countries I picked were quite difficult but here were some things I drew on on my research
- meal patterns of each country
- Types of food that are native to their countries and why the food grows there (e.g. climate, colonisation etc..)
- Their cooking techniques (how they typically cook their food)
- History of their cultural dishes (how did their food become to be, is it because of the diverse group of people? for example)
- Types of cutlery used in a typical meal

I hope you enjoy your half term :smile:
Original post by abellfield12
Please firl i need to be your friend i have so many questions!

ofc!!! what socials do you have so I can contact youuu???
snapchat abellfield12 or instagram alexbellfield!!
thanks, i will follow you on insta as i don't really use snapchat. my insta user is @fr4nphilicc

Quick Reply

Latest