The Student Room Group

How do I increase my art grade?

I don't want to fail any of my GCSEs but I'm currently getting a 3 in art. I got a 3 in year 10 mocks and I got a 3 in my December mock, I'm only aiming for a pass at this point. Is there anything I can do to increase my grade?
Original post by via16
I don't want to fail any of my GCSEs but I'm currently getting a 3 in art. I got a 3 in year 10 mocks and I got a 3 in my December mock, I'm only aiming for a pass at this point. Is there anything I can do to increase my grade?

i think the best way is to do lots of experimentation and making sure all your coursework is finished to a high standard like artist anotations and evaluations are all good. so maybe you could go back to your year 10 coursework and change some things and also ask your teacher what you should do
Yes. Do lots of observation drawing for theme. Then find related works by at least 3 different artists. Do drawings/paintings of their style or works. Then take some photos related to your theme, and present these in your sketchbook on the next pages. Add annotations to all of your work - what techniques did the artists/you use? Comment on the use of colour, line, perspective etc. Add a page of notes on how these observations and sketches etc have inspired you - what do you like? what will you use? how will you develop these ideas in your final piece? Then plan your final piece for the theme, making sure to include all of these ideas from the artists you have mentioned/studied. Do practice pieces of your final piece. Make notes o. what went well, what to improve. Do your final piece. Write about your journey to creating this final piece - how did your observational drawings and artist research inform your work? How successful was your final piece? What would you do differently? What did you like about it?

If you do all of that, and present it all on your sketchbooks, then you should get at least a 5, if not a 6. Do each stage several times over (observations, photos, annotations, evaluations) to get a 7+

Quick Reply

Latest