The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Regretting my Uni course

Hi, I’m currently a first year at Uni of Nottingham and I am studying economics . I did have an offer to study pharmacy too at notts and many other unis as I applied for both courses. However, recently I have been regretting my decision of not doing pharmacy as I feel my career prospects are looking dull even though i’ve gone to many societies and got 2 internships. I know pharm would have been hard and I am not sure if I am saying it because it is vocational and would have had a direct career path also gone into business afterwards. Should I regret it or have I made a good decision choosing econ and how can I find what I want to do?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m currently a first year at Uni of Nottingham and I am studying economics . I did have an offer to study pharmacy too at notts and many other unis as I applied for both courses. However, recently I have been regretting my decision of not doing pharmacy as I feel my career prospects are looking dull even though i’ve gone to many societies and got 2 internships. I know pharm would have been hard and I am not sure if I am saying it because it is vocational and would have had a direct career path also gone into business afterwards. Should I regret it or have I made a good decision choosing econ and how can I find what I want to do?

You need to ask yourself if you're enjoying your degree in economics, if the answer is yes then you made the right choice. You can find jobs in economics. If you're going to do another degree the consider whether you would enjoy it, especially as pharmacy is 4 years.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending