The Student Room Group

Student Finance Childcare Grant Help

Hi, my partner is starting a PGCE in September. I am on maternity leave on SMP and I will be going back to work part time in October. He will be getting a £15,000 bursary and student finance. We are looking at the childcare grant and he has been asked to provide proof that our baby is financially dependent on him by providing a child benefit letter but the benefit money is under my name because you can’t apply jointly for it. The 3 of us live together and I move the money over into our joint account every month for us to spend on our baby. Even when he starts the PGCE he will be the main provider for us. How can we provide evidence? Would student finance accept the benefit letter in my name or will we need to change the child benefit into his name? We wont be able to manage financially without us getting the childcare grant. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Original post by LauraMay2144
Hi, my partner is starting a PGCE in September. I am on maternity leave on SMP and I will be going back to work part time in October. He will be getting a £15,000 bursary and student finance. We are looking at the childcare grant and he has been asked to provide proof that our baby is financially dependent on him by providing a child benefit letter but the benefit money is under my name because you can’t apply jointly for it. The 3 of us live together and I move the money over into our joint account every month for us to spend on our baby. Even when he starts the PGCE he will be the main provider for us. How can we provide evidence? Would student finance accept the benefit letter in my name or will we need to change the child benefit into his name? We wont be able to manage financially without us getting the childcare grant. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Laura, As you will be supporting his application for funding he can up-load the Child Benefit Letter in your name and the team can review this. If they require anything additional they will be in contact with him. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending