The Student Room Group

Why was the mental health team forcing me to go to college?

I dropped out at 17 and on the phone she said "can you go to college?" (I told them I didn't need support so they were basically discharging me on the phone and this was before my mental health deteriorated and I went to see her a couple months later), I said no she said "with support d'you think?" I said no she said with support d'you think? I said no and she said you do have to be in some form of education or training at your age, with support d'you think? I said I think I am going to take a year out (to shut her up) she said have you spoken to the college I lied and said yes (I didn't want the mental health nurse speaking to the college) I told her I have 5 months till I turn 18 then I can just get a job she said d'you think you'll be able to? I said I will have to see how I improve and she left it at that
She said is it because it requires a high level of concentration I said yeah
Original post by Anonymous
she said you do have to be in some form of education or training at your age,

this is the answer to your question (as I'm sure you yourself already know)
Original post by black tea
this is the answer to your question (as I'm sure you yourself already know)

Yeah but why did she specifically force me to go to college and not go on a training course? is it because college is guaranteed if you meet entry requirements and enrol, while training courses are not guaranteed as you have to pass the interview, so if I chose to do a training course and dropped out of college, I could essentially be left with nothing?

Quick Reply

Latest