The Student Room Group

Which uni for Law?

I currently have offers from Bristol, Cardiff and Manchester for law. Waiting back on LSE and UCL. Leaning more towards Bristol, but on the off chance I do get into one of the London unis, would it be worth going to one of them as they are higher ranked although I know the uni experience is not the same in London as other more student based cities. So worried about making a decision I’ll regret so any advice is welcomed :smile:
Original post by holly13313
I currently have offers from Bristol, Cardiff and Manchester for law. Waiting back on LSE and UCL. Leaning more towards Bristol,

Bristol or Manchester.
The London Unis are not all they are cracked up to be and certainly do not give you any real advantage for Law.
Congrats 👏 on all your applications and offers. 🎉💐You should be pleased. I’m looking at postgrad law. I don’t really know out of London. I would visit them all again if you can. Not only is it the law course but where you will be based & living. Bristol is a good Uni don’t know the city. Manchester again good Uni and think the city has evolved since I’ve been.Cardiff don’t know. I know London and you can’t be bored -miss it as so much culture-Music, BFI, South Bank, Museums, Westminster Abbey, shopping, politics, education. UCL & LSE are top unis and central so maybe wait to hear. I would choose one of those. I could not get in but have gone to events there. I’m looking at post grad law maybe even online. Good luck with your choice but congrats 🎉 you are obviously bright & I’m sure will do well. Wherever you go need time to adjust. Nathalie
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Bristol or Manchester.
The London Unis are not all they are cracked up to be and certainly do not give you any real advantage for Law.

oh really? Thank you for the advice, feel like so many people make it seem it’s London or nothing 😊
Reply 4
Original post by Multichameleon
Congrats 👏 on all your applications and offers. 🎉💐You should be pleased. I’m looking at postgrad law. I don’t really know out of London. I would visit them all again if you can. Not only is it the law course but where you will be based & living. Bristol is a good Uni don’t know the city. Manchester again good Uni and think the city has evolved since I’ve been.Cardiff don’t know. I know London and you can’t be bored -miss it as so much culture-Music, BFI, South Bank, Museums, Westminster Abbey, shopping, politics, education. UCL & LSE are top unis and central so maybe wait to hear. I would choose one of those. I could not get in but have gone to events there. I’m looking at post grad law maybe even online. Good luck with your choice but congrats 🎉 you are obviously bright & I’m sure will do well. Wherever you go need time to adjust. Nathalie

Thank you for the response:smile:! I think your advice is sound - I need to go visit and see how I feel. Actually got rejected from UCL yesterday so unless I get an offer from LSE (unlikely :frown:) i may not even have a choice, so we’ll just have to see what happens :smile:
Well it’s great you got the other offers. That’s a shame but I think UCL & LSE are hard to get into. Good idea to visit if you can. If you did want London maybe try other unis obviously there are a lot. I went to former polys/modern unis which I know are looked down on but I don’t see why and the locations and fees are more affordable. I’m still trying to apply to various post grads but finding it a challenge. We will see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending