The Student Room Group

City University of London - Mental Health Nursing

Hello ,
I am a sixth form student who just got a offer from city for mental health nursing however in there offer letter it states they require two references from me one academic ( so one from a tutor ) who has known me for a year , that's not a problem, however they also state they require one character reference ( and this has to be from a former employee or current employee who has known me for at least a year) they said 2 yrs was preferred. My problem is I won't be able to provide a character reference as I haven't any jobs that have known me for at least a year working there. So what should I do?
Who is qualified as character reference....

The reference needs to be someone who can speak to your character, personality, abilities and qualities. While family members can provide character references, they will likely be more meaningful coming from someone unrelated to you. Consider asking a longtime friend, neighbor, mentor, coach, teacher or professor.

Just remember that they will have to back up your side of things you put in your application for university for mental health nursing just incase they contact the named person about you.

Original post by katnix
Hello ,
I am a sixth form student who just got a offer from city for mental health nursing however in there offer letter it states they require two references from me one academic ( so one from a tutor ) who has known me for a year , that's not a problem, however they also state they require one character reference ( and this has to be from a former employee or current employee who has known me for at least a year) they said 2 yrs was preferred. My problem is I won't be able to provide a character reference as I haven't any jobs that have known me for at least a year working there. So what should I do?

Good luck with your application for the mental health nursing degree at university

A NHS registered midwife.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending