The Student Room Group

KCL nursing access course. Advice Personal statement

Hi :smile: first post here we go!

The picture I need to paint would likely take too long (and no one would read it) so I’ll try and summarise.

I have wanted to study nursing at KCL since I was around 9. I completed my A levels in 2010 - mental health issues - trauma. Somehow I ended up losing track of myself and my goals.

I’m currently doing an access course, and though I realise the acceptance rate is incredibly competitive, I have seen on here that they have accepted people from an access course. Sadly my A levels aren’t usable given they were taken such a long time ago. I am completing my access to nursing and midwifery course in July 23 this year, and then will be retaking three of my GCSEs, so uni intake date will be sept 2024.

I’m asking in advance because it’s something I have been working towards (and will continue to make the changes needed)

I have a few questions from people who have been accepted to KCL to study nursing.

- What sort of extra curricular activity’s did you do?
- What jobs or volunteer work etc, anything I should look into?
- What do you think were the main ‘selling points’ on your personal statement.

I have volunteered and worked in care before, and I feel like I have the right skills and such but it never hurts to plan a little.

If there is anyone who has been accepted after an access course I would welcome the advice!

I’m in my 30s. I realise I am older, but if anything I have overcome a lot which has made me more determined.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this isn’t posted correctly etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending