The Student Room Group

A levels for IB

Hey im wonderig whether i should do maths chem history or maths chem econ at a level- im passionate about history but also like econ so i am wondering whether i should do econ as it may be more helpful to familirize with vocab used and ideas used in econ for IB
i appologise for spelling
(edited 1 year ago)
Do whatever you like more and would do better in (would recommend maths, cause most top unis would require it). Econ also may help to get into top unis if you want to study economics (not generally a requirement tho).

A-level economics is not gonna help you at all in relation IB, there are really no over-lapping concepts, and all introductory economics courses at university cover the A-level syllabus.
Reply 2
Original post by thomas234542
Do whatever you like more and would do better in (would recommend maths, cause most top unis would require it). Econ also may help to get into top unis if you want to study economics (not generally a requirement tho).

A-level economics is not gonna help you at all in relation IB, there are really no over-lapping concepts, and all introductory economics courses at university cover the A-level syllabus.Al

Would you say getting into IB is much harder when only doing 3 A levels opposed to 4 or more
Original post by ollie5647
Would you say getting into IB is much harder when only doing 3 A levels opposed to 4 or more

Doesn't make a difference in general and IBs won't care.
They only screen for a minimum for ABB/AAB, after that I don't think there is a strong advantage to someone with A*A*A or AAB (higher grades will obviously help to get into a stronger uni/program which could be important tho).
Reply 4
Thanks a lot for the help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending