The Student Room Group

Transferring after foundation year

I've applied for Data science with foundation year at LMU, I've seen some bad reviews about the uni and I'm thinking of transferring after foundation year.

LMU is the only university to accept me in the foundation year.

Would any other university slightly better than LMU accept transfers after foundation year?
Generally most universities dont accept anothers foundation students. Foundation courses are meant to proceed at that university. There is no national foundation qualification unlike A levels.

The only thing you can do is to ask the university you are interested in whether they will accept you but the likely answer is no.

You could instead re take your A levels to reach the entry criteria for the other university which would have been a better option than a foundation year,
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Generally most universities dont accept anothers foundation students. Foundation courses are meant to proceed at that university. There is no national foundation qualification unlike A levels.

The only thing you can do is to ask the university you are interested in whether they will accept you but the likely answer is no.

You could instead re take your A levels to reach the entry criteria for the other university which would have been a better option than a foundation year,

Ah i see, unfortunately i didn't do A levels i did a level 3 diploma in Electrical Installation which is about 32 UCAS points.
Original post by bunthebe
Ah i see, unfortunately i didn't do A levels i did a level 3 diploma in Electrical Installation which is about 32 UCAS points.

An Access to HE Diploma course would be cheaper and more widely accepted than a foundation year
Reply 4
Original post by bunthebe
I've applied for Data science with foundation year at LMU, I've seen some bad reviews about the uni and I'm thinking of transferring after foundation year.
LMU is the only university to accept me in the foundation year.
Would any other university slightly better than LMU accept transfers after foundation year?

London Metropolitan University is a good university. If you develop yourself you don't need to go to another university.I know developers who studied at London Met they have very good jobs now.You can try City University which is good university if you want to go to try another one...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending