The Student Room Group

Test ready?

Hi I have my driving test next Friday on the 14th of April in all honesty I am nervous but I will take the calm and collective approach treating it like an ordinary lesson for another 45 minutes. In preparation for the test I am doing mock sample test routes with my instructor and will be doing 3 hours worth of lesson this week and 6 hours next week split into an hour and a half to keep my memory refreshed and for additional practice with maybe a lesson over the weekend for an hour is 3 minor mistakes and just 1 major fault a sign to show 11 days before the exam I am not ready or is it not worth doing the driving test at all :frown:.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi I have my driving test next Friday on the 14th of April in all honesty I am nervous but I will take the calm and collective approach treating it like an ordinary lesson for another 45 minutes. In preparation for the test I am doing mock sample test routes with my instructor and will be doing 3 hours worth of lesson this week and 6 hours next week split into an hour and a half to keep my memory refreshed and for additional practice with maybe a lesson over the weekend for an hour is 3 minor mistakes and just 1 major fault a sign to show 11 days before the exam I am not ready or is it not worth doing the driving test at all :frown:.

sounds like ur getting loads of practice in before the test so if u think u can sort the mistakes out in that time then go for the test!! and dw abt how ready u feel, u will nvr feel 100% ready for a test but the important thing is to be confident enough and tell urself u will pass and then j try ur best on the day :smile:

(also we literally have the same picture 😭)
Original post by spill_the_tea
sounds like ur getting loads of practice in before the test so if u think u can sort the mistakes out in that time then go for the test!! and dw abt how ready u feel, u will nvr feel 100% ready for a test but the important thing is to be confident enough and tell urself u will pass and then j try ur best on the day :smile:

(also we literally have the same picture 😭)

Looks great on your avatar image :smile:. But thank you. I desperately want to pass
Looks great on your avatar image :smile:. But thank you. I desperately want to pass

thanks, so does urs!

is it ur first time taking the test? maybe talk to people u kno who have already passed j so they can give a bit of advice n calm ur nerves and that kinda thing - and dw, u will do great!
thanks, so does urs!

is it ur first time taking the test? maybe talk to people u kno who have already passed j so they can give a bit of advice n calm ur nerves and that kinda thing - and dw, u will do great!

Well I spoke to a friend of mine he was like it’s a few mistakes that can be resurrected before the test and yes it’ll be my first time. Took practice mock today a couple of minor mistakes that’s all and just a major otherwise then I do firmly believe more practice leading to the test I’ll be ready but 10 hours within 11 days doesn’t seem enough practice.
Well I spoke to a friend of mine he was like it’s a few mistakes that can be resurrected before the test and yes it’ll be my first time. Took practice mock today a couple of minor mistakes that’s all and just a major otherwise then I do firmly believe more practice leading to the test I’ll be ready but 10 hours within 11 days doesn’t seem enough practice.

honestly if it's only 3 minors and 1 major i think u can sort that out in time, but if ur really feeling unsure of urself then maybe reschedule the test? good luck tho!
honestly if it's only 3 minors and 1 major i think u can sort that out in time, but if ur really feeling unsure of urself then maybe reschedule the test? good luck tho!

I don’t feel unsure it’s when you have a adrenaline boost of confidence and you think you can do it a setback just gets the better of you :/

Firstly, Good Luck!

Yes you are ready. 1 major can easily be fixed.

I took my test in November 2022 and passed first time. I did the same, treat it like a lesson. My test examiner was actually decent and made me feel at ease, not all are like this though. One thing I did was not to overthink situations in your head; such as "oh no theres a busy junction or roundabout coming up, im gonna make a mistake". I just got there and took things AS they happened, always stay in the present moment, dont think whats going to happen in the next 10 mins, but also if you made a mistake, dont beat yourself up over it. It might have only been 1 minor and youre allowed 15 so dont let it affect your driving if you made a small error. Dont rush things either, thats the worst thing. Rushing = Mistakes. Just be calm and treat it like you would in lessons. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by AvfcWalpole7
Firstly, Good Luck!

Yes you are ready. 1 major can easily be fixed.

I took my test in November 2022 and passed first time. I did the same, treat it like a lesson. My test examiner was actually decent and made me feel at ease, not all are like this though. One thing I did was not to overthink situations in your head; such as "oh no theres a busy junction or roundabout coming up, im gonna make a mistake". I just got there and took things AS they happened, always stay in the present moment, dont think whats going to happen in the next 10 mins, but also if you made a mistake, dont beat yourself up over it. It might have only been 1 minor and youre allowed 15 so dont let it affect your driving if you made a small error. Dont rush things either, thats the worst thing. Rushing = Mistakes. Just be calm and treat it like you would in lessons. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Thank you what advice would you give for independent driving if it’s sat nav I’m quite confident if it’s signs not so much.
Thank you what advice would you give for independent driving if it’s sat nav I’m quite confident if it’s signs not so much.

I was like you. I wanted the Sat Nav and I got it luckily. Following a satnav may sound easy, but it can catch you out so you still have to be careful you dont accidentally miss something or use the wrong lane somewhere. Remember its okay if you make a wrong turn, as long as its safe. It actually the correct thing to do if you find yourself in the wrong lane, the satnav will reroute or the examiner will tell you what to do next. The following signs one is quite similar but you do have to not get caught out staring at signs, make sure you are still concentrating on the road. In one of my lessons I almost went into the back of somebody ahead because I was looking at a sign. So watch out for that. It sounds like something obvious but it does happen. Dont panic if youre not sure where to go, the best thing would be to ask the examiner and say youre not sure of where you are going. Thats safer than guessing and making an error. So to summarise. The satnav sounds easier, but you can get caught out. and the sign following is just making sure you keep concentrating on the road and people around you . Both require the same forward planning at Junctions and Roundabouts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending