The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex uni Clearing 2023

Anyone applied for the integrated masters modern languages degree at the university of Essex through clearing? The requirements say AAB or ABB (for some reason different on the website to ucas website) and I got ABC in my a levels last year. I’ve only just thought about going to uni and I want to do this degree but not sure if I should apply directly to the uni and have a late application or wait until clearing opens and see if the course is there. Any advice would be great!
Original post by DaisyBastin
Anyone applied for the integrated masters modern languages degree at the university of Essex through clearing? The requirements say AAB or ABB (for some reason different on the website to ucas website) and I got ABC in my a levels last year. I’ve only just thought about going to uni and I want to do this degree but not sure if I should apply directly to the uni and have a late application or wait until clearing opens and see if the course is there. Any advice would be great!

Hey I applied for biomed at Essex with DMM and the requirements on the website were D*DD so I think they are quite lenient with grades because I got an unconditional offer :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by sadiebourne03
Hey I applied for biomed at Essex with DMM and the requirements on the website were D*DD so I think they are quite lenient with grades because I got an unconditional offer :smile:

Thank you so much for your reply! This is really helpful thank you, I think I’ll apply and hope for the best :smile:

Hey @DaisyBastin

How did you get on with your application? Like Sadie said it's always worth it to apply and see what happens. I always recommend a strong personal statement as it's not just the grades that they are looking at, they take your whole application into account.

Best of luck to you!
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey @DaisyBastin

How did you get on with your application? Like Sadie said it's always worth it to apply and see what happens. I always recommend a strong personal statement as it's not just the grades that they are looking at, they take your whole application into account.

Best of luck to you!

Hi thanks for your reply! I’ve sent my application off and I’m waiting for an offer. Fingers crossed!
Hi thanks for your reply! I’ve sent my application off and I’m waiting for an offer. Fingers crossed!

That's great! fingers crossed for you 😊🤞
Which A Levels did you do?

Best wishes
Original post by EssexStudentRep
That's great! fingers crossed for you 😊🤞
Which A Levels did you do?

Best wishes

Hi! Thank you, I did french Spanish and biology and got ABC so it’s below the grade requirements but I might as well take my chances, it’s really something I want to do :smile:
Hi! Thank you, I did french Spanish and biology and got ABC so it’s below the grade requirements but I might as well take my chances, it’s really something I want to do :smile:

I totally agree, you don't know if you don't apply!

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending