The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 1 (7712/1) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M00nlightt
Hi!
I was just wondering if anybody (or anybody's teacher's) have any predictions for paper 1 this year?
Any help would be really appreciated :smile:

Added you to our official exam chat for this so more people see it :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Evil Homer
Added you to our official exam chat for this so more people see it :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

Welcome! Best of luck in your exams :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Evil Homer
Welcome! Best of luck in your exams :smile:

Thank you! You too if you're doing them! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by annaramon
I'd also like to know some predictions. Did your teacher make any predictions, do you do love through the ages or tragedy?

sorry i thought i'd replied to this haha
I'm actually home-educated so I don't exactly have a teacher, i'm doing love through the ages tho :smile:
Reply 25
I've got some questions i am praying come up (does that count as predictions??) but basically for section c i'd be so happy if it was violence and love. My teacher says familial love could come up
Reply 26
Original post by Fire dude
I've got some questions i am praying come up (does that count as predictions??) but basically for section c i'd be so happy if it was violence and love. My teacher says familial love could come up

yes either would be brilliant, especially familial love there's so much to say
I am doing love through the ages, Othello as a standalone, Gatsby compared with poems, and unseen poetry. I'm currently stuck at a C and need a B to get into university, can anyone please help with any advice on how to bump my grade up? Thank you!! I am so scared the exam is literally in 1 week. I have been only revising paper 1 this week, and I am dying lol!

I am doing blurting, to try memorise key themes, points, interpretations etc...But the quotes for Othello i'm struggling with :frown:

I also do english language A level, as a whole separate A level (I know stupid of me) so I'm also stressing for that which is literally a day after the english lit paper ughhh :frown: Good luck everyone, I'd love some advice thank you
Reply 28
hello :colone:
Original post by kaylawyse
hello :colone:

hello!! How is your revision going
Reply 30
yes either would be brilliant, especially familial love there's so much to say

not gonna lie i'd hate familial love (i do wuthering heights so it would work well but it's just so mid)
Reply 31
Anyone got any predictions for the questions on othello and the awakening??
Reply 32
not gonna lie i'd hate familial love (i do wuthering heights so it would work well but it's just so mid)

Same, I do Gatsby and there are barely if none familial connections between the characters. It could be good for Shakespeare though (I do Othello)
Reply 33
Original post by fig451
Same, I do Gatsby and there are barely if none familial connections between the characters. It could be good for Shakespeare though (I do Othello)

i do winter's tale and it could maybe work? but from past papers i've worked out that shakespeare is generally specific questions and then section c is broad. if it wouldn't work for gatsby i'm pretty sure they wouldn't do it though right, cause that would just be unfair lol
Original post by username6141643
I am doing love through the ages, Othello as a standalone, Gatsby compared with poems, and unseen poetry. I'm currently stuck at a C and need a B to get into university, can anyone please help with any advice on how to bump my grade up? Thank you!! I am so scared the exam is literally in 1 week. I have been only revising paper 1 this week, and I am dying lol!

I am doing blurting, to try memorise key themes, points, interpretations etc...But the quotes for Othello i'm struggling with :frown:

I also do english language A level, as a whole separate A level (I know stupid of me) so I'm also stressing for that which is literally a day after the english lit paper ughhh :frown: Good luck everyone, I'd love some advice thank you

For Othello quotes, try and organise quotes by character, e.g. quotes that show Othello as strong and quotes that show Othello as weak. Last year was a Desdemona question, so it would be good to know characters and their aspects really well. Then take your key themes and match those character quotes with the themes, so you have an overlap - e.g. "I will incontinently drown myself" shows that Rodrigo is in love in Desdemona and it could overlap with the theme of obsession.
Reply 35
Original post by annaramon
I'd also like to know some predictions. Did your teacher make any predictions, do you do love through the ages or tragedy?

Original post by xo.lizziee
any predictions on the poetry/prose and Othello ?!

woo! do you have any predictions/ questions you'll hope come up for Wuthering Heights and poetry? I just did a practice essay on violence which would be a gift but I doubt it'll come up sadly

Original post by phiouebe
Hiya, does anyone who's studying Wuthering Heights and Othello have any predictions for the exam questions on the 24th?

I found some predictions for Othello and Poetry comparison that someone found on tiktok and posted in TSR

Should be good to practice with regardless of what comes up

(sorry about the quality, it's how they were posted)

othello predicted.jpgpoetry predicted.jpg
anyone know any more prevalent themes in Othello? these are all the ones I have - marriage / deception (infidelity and fidelity) / obsession / race / jealousy / women
Reply 37
Does anyone have any essay plans for the Gatsby and Poems section on the Love Through the Ages paper

The same with Othello, please?
Reply 38
Original post by Shivani390
my teacher told us to revise cassio as he is the only character not to have come up
Reply 39
Original post by Shivani390

teacher told us to revise cassio as he is the only one not to have come up yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending