The Student Room Group

how many hours are you revising a day?

how many hours should I be revising for my end of year mocks? I'm in year twelve and some of my friends are saying they are trying to do around six hours but to me this seems ridiculous as this is around the same amount of time I would have spent learning at school. From today I'm hoping to do three and maybe even four hours at a stretch
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by michaela002
how many hours should I be revising for my end of year mocks? I'm in year twelve and some of my friends are saying they are trying to do around six hours but to me this seems ridiculous as this is around the same amount of time I would have spent learning at school. From today I'm hoping to do three and maybe even four hours at a stretch

Depends on what grades you want to get as predicted, and your progress now.

If you're basically almost guaranteed A* then just revise a little.
Original post by justlearning1469
Depends on what grades you want to get as predicted, and your progress now.

If you're basically almost guaranteed A* then just revise a little.

I'm currently working at mainly B grades but I want to get at least two As in the real thing next year
I'm currently working at mainly B grades but I want to get at least two As in the real thing next year

A couple hours a day should suffice.

Depends on your subjects, really. And your aptitude
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by justlearning1469
A couple hours a day should suffice.

Depends on your subjects, really. And your aptitude

Thanks for your help. I guess all I can do is work as hard as I can. :s-smilie:
Thanks for your help. I guess all I can do is work as hard as I can. :s-smilie:

Don't burn out, although you should work hard and aim for the grades you want.

Heya!
Quality over quantity :h: You can revise for 6hrs per day and still learn nothing, unfortunately. You need to make sure your revision is effective. Create a schedule and see how many hours you want to do, e.g. 4hrs, etc., and note what you want to cover during them. If it helps, Study Mind has plenty of free past papers for you to use!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest