The Student Room Group

Student finance/DLA/universal credit

Hello, I am a mature student - or will be next year. I am my disabled daughters carer and therefore on universal credit. Please can you help me find out what happens, do I transfer to student finance or stay on universal credit? How do I find out what payments I will receive? Also we cohabit with my mum and partner so in terms of universal credit they don’t affect me but does it affect student finance? Thank you
Original post by Maturestudent94
Hello, I am a mature student - or will be next year. I am my disabled daughters carer and therefore on universal credit. Please can you help me find out what happens, do I transfer to student finance or stay on universal credit? How do I find out what payments I will receive? Also we cohabit with my mum and partner so in terms of universal credit they don’t affect me but does it affect student finance? Thank you

Hi there, what university and course are you applying for? When is your course due to start? What age are you? What is your marital status? Thanks, Karen
Hello, I already have an unconditional offer at Oldham University studying Education and Early Years with Entry year (BA Hons) I am 28, 29 at the time of entry and I am single. Mother of disabled daughter who receives high rate care and I am her carer, thank you!
Sorry, for next year September 2024.
Original post by Maturestudent94
Hello, I already have an unconditional offer at Oldham University studying Education and Early Years with Entry year (BA Hons) I am 28, 29 at the time of entry and I am single. Mother of disabled daughter who receives high rate care and I am her carer, thank you!

I would advise to speak with Universal Credit to discuss what would happen with your entitlement if you were to receive student finance as that isn't something we can advise on. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending