The Student Room Group

Speech and language degree

Hello, following on from this thread can I also check that funding for tuition fees and maintenance loans will be available for speech and language degrees if a first degree was a BEd primary with qts status? Many thanks
Original post by JoB20
Hello, following on from this thread can I also check that funding for tuition fees and maintenance loans will be available for speech and language degrees if a first degree was a BEd primary with qts status? Many thanks

Hi there, When is the course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Sept 2023
Original post by JoB20
Sept 2023

If your course is due to start in September you would need to submit an application for the team to review. Our 23/24 academic year applications are open. I would advise to submit your application as soon as possible for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Hi Karen,I have sent off my application this week so hoping I will hear soon. I just wondered if you knew generally that applicants with BEd can apply at least for tuition loan? I was just looking for reassurance as I’m have my university place confirmed and have accepted it this week. Many thanks, Jo
Original post by JoB20
Hi Karen,I have sent off my application this week so hoping I will hear soon. I just wondered if you knew generally that applicants with BEd can apply at least for tuition loan? I was just looking for reassurance as I’m have my university place confirmed and have accepted it this week. Many thanks, Jo

Hi Jo,

Yes, that course would attract the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and grants (if applicable) as this is an Allied Health Professional course, which is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending