The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Offers for management

Hi,
I applied to the Uni of Bath on the 2nd of December 2022 for a BSc in Management (with placement year). I did the IB and scored 42/45 with 7 7 7, which is equivalent to A* A* A*. I am well above the entry requirements for the course, however due to the processing time of the application.. I am starting to worry and feel very anxious. It has been over 5 months since I applied!

Does anyone know why they take so long to process applications? Should I still have hope for receiving an offer?

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Hi Meerakap!

Really pleased to hear you have applied for Bath!

Please be reassured that it is perfectly normal to receive offers from Bath later than other universities, especially if your course is particular popular and/or competitive. I myself am a former Bath student and can remember not receiving my offer for Psychology until a lot of my peers had already firmed other universities! This was because the year I applied, Psychology was an extremely popular course and a huge number of people applied for it.

To answer your first question, when we receive a high number of applications compared to the space available on the course, it takes our Admissions team longer to process them all. The reason this can take a long time is that they want to make sure every application in the pile is given equal consideration against all the others regardless of when it was submitted, and that each is given the care and consideration it deserves. Admissions are working through applications as quickly as they can, and aim to let everybody know by late-April whether they have been offered a place or not, so there is still plenty of time, and so yes, you should absolutely still have hope of receiving an offer, particularly if you have met or exceeded the entry requirements.

We wish you the very best of luck when the time comes full instructions on how to reply to your offer can be found on this page. It also contains a short section on reasons for delays!

Bath is one of the top 5 choices for studying Management in the UK this year, so if you receive that offer and decide to firm Bath then I am confident you will have a fantastic experience here 😊

Feel free to post any more questions you have here I hope that helps

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 1 year ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bath
Hi Meerakap!

Really pleased to hear you have applied for Bath!

Please be reassured that it is perfectly normal to receive offers from Bath later than other universities, especially if your course is particular popular and/or competitive. I myself am a former Bath student and can remember not receiving my offer for Psychology until a lot of my peers had already firmed other universities! This was because the year I applied, Psychology was an extremely popular course and a huge number of people applied for it.

To answer your first question, when we receive a high number of applications compared to the space available on the course, it takes our Admissions team longer to process them all. The reason this can take a long time is that they want to make sure every application in the pile is given equal consideration against all the others regardless of when it was submitted, and that each is given the care and consideration it deserves. Admissions are working through applications as quickly as they can, and aim to let everybody know by late-April whether they have been offered a place or not, so there is still plenty of time, and so yes, you should absolutely still have hope of receiving an offer, particularly if you have met or exceeded the entry requirements.

We wish you the very best of luck when the time comes full instructions on how to reply to your offer can be found on this page. It also contains a short section on reasons for delays!

Bath is one of the top 5 choices for studying Management in the UK this year, so if you receive that offer and decide to firm Bath then I am confident you will have a fantastic experience here 😊

Feel free to post any more questions you have here I hope that helps

Holly
University of Bath

Thank you very much Holly! Fingers crossed for a response soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest