The Student Room Group

are my a-levels decent for government / political science majors?

hello everyone - i will be a grade 12 student next year in the uk! as my sixth-form makes four a2 levels mandatory for students (optional to study another as level), i planned to study the following subjects at a2 level: english literature, history, politics and music. is this combination ok for an aspiring politics / government student in unis especially ivy league? thanks!

fyi i hate maths and sciences but performed satisfactorily. tbh my only criteria for choosing a level subjects is my passion, hence my most favourite subjects would be the ones i chose above. however, my sixth-form counsellor adviced me to pick another social science like econ / business / geog instead of music (i don't really like econ/geog, business is not really a highly regarded subject. music, on the other hand, greatly attracts me and i think i would enjoy the subject if I apply). what should i do? thanks in advance!
btw i would like to apply to the us is due to its major/minor system! the idea of pursuing a major in political science with a minor in music sounds very appealing to me, as i can study both favourite subjects at a tertiary level! hence, i wouldn't really want to drop music at a2 level, but according to my counsellor, he thinks my a level combination has very slim career and degree prospects. currently in a struggle rn
Not an expert on ivy league but for Oxford and Cambridge this would be perfect.Geography with History and English would be a horrific workload.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending