The Student Room Group

Boyfriend snuggling "the boys"

I recently saw my boyfriend and his 4 close friends snuggling on the sofa playing games, and I must admit that it made me feel a little uncomfortable. One of his friends is gay, and I couldn't help but wonder if there was something more going on between them. I know that they are all very close and have been friends for a long time, but I just don't understand how it's possible for them to snuggle and not have it be romantic.

I guess I come from a more conservative background where physical affection between friends is not as common, so I might be overthinking things. But as someone who has never had close male friends before, this is all new to me. I really care about my boyfriend, and I want to make sure that our relationship is based on trust and open communication. I don't want to be the jealous girlfriend who doesn't understand the dynamics of their friendship.

Can friends, even a gay one, hug and snuggle without it being romantic? Is this just a normal thing between close friends, or am I missing something here?
Don't know about other guys, but I have never snuggled with a male friend, I've never seen male friends snuggle and I've never heard of male friends snuggling irl.

This is a new one for me. I guess it depends on what you mean by snuggling? Were they snuggled under a blanket or had their arms around each other? Or were they just sitting close to each other and you're just misinterpreting it as snuggling?
Normal among close long-term friends comfortable with their sexuallty. I don't mean "normal" to mean common, for the record, but just that it isn't necessarily something with weird motives.

My partner and I live with two flatmates (both men aged 26-28) and we occasionally find them sharing a blanket on the two-seater together while beating the crap out of each other video games. One is bi and the other ace. No funny business whatsoever. They're just very comfortable with each other.
(edited 1 year ago)
This can absolutely happen and be completely normal among male long term friends. Just because one is gay doesn’t mean anything would happen because gay guys aren’t attracted to every guy, just as guys aren’t attracted to every girl. And even if he were attracted if he’s a good friend he wouldn’t try anything because presumably your boyfriend is straight and he’s also taken. Unless you have any evidence or genuine suspicions that this is anything more than a friendship going on then you’re not really justified in being uncomfortable.
he's just kissing the homies goodnight
Reply 5
Guys snuggling...arms wrapped around eachother, and straight?.....doubt it.
Original post by Anonymous
I recently saw my boyfriend and his 4 close friends snuggling on the sofa playing games, and I must admit that it made me feel a little uncomfortable. One of his friends is gay, and I couldn't help but wonder if there was something more going on between them. I know that they are all very close and have been friends for a long time, but I just don't understand how it's possible for them to snuggle and not have it be romantic.

I guess I come from a more conservative background where physical affection between friends is not as common, so I might be overthinking things. But as someone who has never had close male friends before, this is all new to me. I really care about my boyfriend, and I want to make sure that our relationship is based on trust and open communication. I don't want to be the jealous girlfriend who doesn't understand the dynamics of their friendship.

Can friends, even a gay one, hug and snuggle without it being romantic? Is this just a normal thing between close friends, or am I missing something here?

Maybe he’s bi?

It’s 2023 you don’t own him
Original post by Little pecker
Maybe he’s bi?

It’s 2023 you don’t own him

But I do own him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending