The Student Room Group

Re learning instead of revising?

I'm in year 10 and I have mock exams coming up in 2 weeks and I haven't done anything. Dumb, I know. I have forgotten so much content (a lot of all my sciences, loads of geography) so I'm not even revising I end up re learning. I should be taking things more seriously but laziness got the better of me :frown: what should I do? I mean starting is definitely a good idea, but what should I do because I spend so much of my time learning the content I end up forgetting it all over again and wasting loads of time. I'm not even learning well because I'm so stressed because of my own stupidity for starting so late.
Reply 1
I would say to go over past papers and see questions that you find hard and go over those topics and use Seneca and good luck on the mocks 👍🏽
Original post by B_____
I'm in year 10 and I have mock exams coming up in 2 weeks and I haven't done anything. Dumb, I know. I have forgotten so much content (a lot of all my sciences, loads of geography) so I'm not even revising I end up re learning. I should be taking things more seriously but laziness got the better of me :frown: what should I do? I mean starting is definitely a good idea, but what should I do because I spend so much of my time learning the content I end up forgetting it all over again and wasting loads of time. I'm not even learning well because I'm so stressed because of my own stupidity for starting so late.
Original post by B_____

First of all, it's okay trust me year 10 mocks are just there to help you at the moment! I used get so stressed regarding mocks and exams but just remind yourself you have an entire year in which a lot is possible, especially over summer!
what I would do is:
-identify weaker areas, work on them in a few days by watching youtube videos, and making condensed notes
-memorise by rereading and use blurting, which is writing everything you remember on another piece of paper or whiteboard and refer back to notes to see what you missed out and add that to the page/board in another colour and review again
-for revision in general active recall is going to be your best friend!! review the information once every few days and you'll eventually get the hang of it!
-make mindmaps/revision resources but don't copy the textbook or revision guides, try to do it from memory or make condensed notes
-do past paper topic questions and ask teachers to mark longer mark questions, example for english!
-use cognito, revision guides, any resource you can find!
-lastly, don't overwork give yourself a proper break once in a while, it's okay to take a break! good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest