The Student Room Group

is telling a girl that she is paper thin an offense?

Original post by Anonymous

I really don't think so. But the moment is important like when did you tell her and whether it was in front of a crowd or not. Also, it depends on whom were you saying that. If someone is really close to you and they understand you, then I wouldn't say it's a biggie.
(edited 1 year ago)
Is telling a person they are fat af offensive?
Obviously it’s rude.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Is telling a person they are fat af offensive?

If I was "fat af", I wouldn't. It's an observation, and I wouldn't be that divorced from reality to think that I wasn't if I was. I suppose everyone finds outrage and offence in different places, however. It really depends. It would be rude in most contexts, though.
(edited 1 year ago)
in general commenting on someone's body whether it is think or fat is inappropriate imo.
Original post by fec1864
If I was "fat af", I wouldn't. It's an observation, and I wouldn't be that divorced from reality to think that I wasn't if I was. I suppose everyone finds outrage and offence in different places, however. It really depends. It would be rude in most contexts, though.
Original post by Anonymous
in general commenting on someone's body whether it is think or fat is inappropriate imo.

I agree. It is inappropriate, and would not be something that would come out of my mouth. But is it offensive?
It can be viewed as an attempt to be offensive or shame the girl.
Very high risk of being interpreted as an insult.
Best avoided unless she directly poses the question with those specific words that require a yes or no response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending